As our Epilogue winds down, we’ve arrived at the portion of this journey where I look to the players to provide input that will help me refine and improve this crazy ride. I sincerely hope folks have enjoyed the latest installment and am already looking forward to the next one. If you went down at least one history-oriented rabbit hole in the course of participating and/or spent a few evenings inside your character’s head, I consider that a win.
Since these bespoke games are invented from whole cloth each time, things that I thought were Good Ideas turn out to be Not-So-Good ideas and some Accidental Discoveries turn out to be Fun Things.
To you, the players, I would love to listen to your feedback. Certainly the general questions of:
- What aspects did you enjoy?
- Which aspects did you not care for as much?
- What did you dislike about this installment?
And regarding the specific mechanics:
- How did folks feel about submitting orders via private PM instead of the traditional publicly visible forum post?
- Thoughts on having secret game mechanics that are revealed as the game goes on?
- Thoughts on the RANCD system of stances for resolving combat?
If you’re curious about how any of the things that happen behind the curtain, I’m happy to answer those questions as well.
And my for own personal curiosity:
- At what point did you realize that defeated players were ‘still along for the ride’ as souls in the surviving character?
Anything else you’d be willing to critique is fair game. I’m looking for criticism to make the next run better, so feel free to take the gloves off in your responses. My personal thanks to everyone that signed up for this outing - I loved watching this story evolve.