But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! šŸ‘»

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Work, bloody workā€¦

1 Like

What in the everlovinā€™ world did I just watch!!!

3 Likes

An allegory?

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Carrie (1976)

Still a classic. I havenā€™t seen any of the remakes (or the largely forgotten sequel, The Rage: Carrie 2), but I doubt they compare.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t want to see a remake. That book was the first SK novel I read, and boy, did it ever make an impact on me. Because I was considered to be a freak, too.

But in the movie, they got the dress color wrong. Symbolism, schymbolism, the wine-red prom dress was important. And it wouldā€™ve made the blood on her face seem even ickier had they not used a white dress.

3 Likes

Itā€™s pink, mama!

2 Likes

Was it? It mustā€™ve been a very pale pink (Iā€™m going by my memory, not checking out photos).

2 Likes

Now I want to cover ā€œThe Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgeraldā€, but really creepy-like.

4 Likes

Rather pale and, under the colored lights of the prom scene, very difficult to tell its true color.

I think the color works very well, primarily due to this bit of dialogue:

Margaret White: [referring to Carrieā€™s prom gown] Red. I might have known it would be red.

Carrie: Itā€™s pink, Mama

Thus showing how Mrs. Whiteā€™s inner reality (literally) colors her view of the real world.

3 Likes

Margaretā€™s line is still in the book, as well as her view on the neckline, that much I do remember. So her worldview is apparent there, as well.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s directly from the book, but, in the book, she doesnā€™t see pink as red.

2 Likes

Because in the book, the dress is red.

Oh waitā€¦i keep forgetting movies from books have to have more visuals; see, when I read a book, especially if thereā€™s no movie or if Iā€™ve not seen it, my imagination supplies me its own film.

1 Like
2 Likes

Originally done in pencils, now enhanced with acrylics.

Google Photos

4 Likes

Funny, I just now watched

3 Likes