But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! 👻

Here’s the link to the channel with all the dead stuff:

4 Likes

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)

Dir: Nicolas Gessner

With Jodie Foster, Martin Sheen and Alexis Smith

“Since when do they let kids do what they want?”

A 13-year-old girl lives with her father in a leased cottage. Except no one has seen him for some time. Not the police, nor the landlady, nor her child molester son. And they are all becoming suspicious…

Very good thriller/horror film, released the same year as Foster’s Taxi Driver, Bugsy Malone & Freaky Friday. (I suppose I should see her ‘76 film Echoes of a Summer just to complete the set.) The American poster art and trailer emphasize horror, but the film doesn’t easily fit into any one genre, although the various echoes of Psycho do give it an appropriately chilling subtext. The direction is more than a mite bit stagy and could really use some black humor here and there, but the performers are all great and the screenplay is strong throughout, with a nicely ambiguous ending.

5 Likes

Want some almond cookies?

2 Likes
7 Likes

Note the misspelling of “Taro”; no, honey, it’s not the plant.

2 Likes

They are among us!

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Original(?) music video for 45 Grave’s “Partytime” with considerably darker lyrics:

2 Likes

4 Likes

This seems neat.

2 Likes

Guy next door went overboard with skeletons.

Looks like he’s got gas. Next time use some Beano.

3 Likes

Carrie is one of my favorite movies. It’s masterfully directed and the actors are all wonderful. I like how it’s campy in one way but also gripping and real in another.

4 Likes

From last year.

2 Likes

Lifeforce (1985)

Naked Space Vampires!

Entire movie:
#The Girl Next Door( 2007) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Trailers:

Surely the best movie ever made about Naked Space Vampires. (Jean Rollin, who specialized in naked vampire movies, made one which toyed with science fiction, but, as I recall, the vampires came from the future, rather than space.)

Gaze upon the tits of terror!

Utterly mad screenplay, a great cast, Charles Manson! Porthos! Jean-Luc Picard! P.R. Deltoid! That guy from Equus! and one of the most extreme cases of cinematic erotophobia I have ever seen.

Colonel Colin Caine: Tell me again how the girl over powered you.

Dr. Bukovsky: She… was the most overwhelmingly feminine presence I have ever encountered. I was drawn to her on a level…

Colonel Colin Caine: Was it sexual?

Dr. Bukovsky: Yes. Overwhelmingly so, and horrible.

Not to mention the scene where asylum director Patrick Stewart, possessed by Mathilda May’s NSV, seduces nutty American astronaut Steve Railsback, and when Aubrey Morris and Peter Firth separate them, the thwarted libido destroys the room in a prolonged ejaculation from the special effects department. (This was Patrick Stewart’s first screen kiss.)

One wonders if this film couldn’t be remade by a team more comfortable with the story’s pansexual potential, but then again, perhaps it’s the extreme repression that makes this version interesting. And funny!

It’ll be much less terrifying if you just come to me.

4 Likes

I saw it when it came out. I liked it. It was fun.

4 Likes

So, I’m stuck on who I want to mimic/do an impression of for Halloween.

I’m going need your help…but you’ll need to figure something out first; namely to whom the initials belong.

Having stated that, it’s a toss-up between A. W. and E. S. - I’m looking forward to your replies!

3 Likes

Andy Warhol or Elisabeth Shue?

3 Likes

Correct on the former but not the latter (in W. C. Fields voice)!

The former is a clue to the latter, so…try again! :grin:

2 Likes
1 Like