But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! đŸ‘»

5 Likes
7 Likes

Green slime, you say?

6 Likes
5 Likes

I saw “Journey to the Seventh Planet” shortly after it came out. Scared the $&#% of me as a kid.

Watched it again a few years ago. It did not impress.

4 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

I may still have this somewhere in the basement.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various-artists/monster-mash/

3 Likes

batcat

5 Likes
5 Likes

I found it!

2 Likes

I remember when the Ghoul ran that film (I have it on VHS, somewhere), and when the one guy bought it by going through the side of a truck, a voice grunted, “Owh, I ripped mah jeans!”
That just kills me!

6 Likes

I saw it when I was a kid still in Michigan, must’ve been the Ghoul. I watched it again a few years ago, less spooky but more fun.

6 Likes

George Sanders
what he did for money. I remember there were a lot of Froggy jokes because of the toad-under-glass. What was the purpose of the toad anyhow, I forgot?

I always thought the lead biker was a dead ringer (pun intended) for David Warner.

2 Likes

there were a lot of frogs or toads, I forget why, though.
their helmets were cool.

5 Likes

Finished stuff.
WIN_20221005_23_18_01_Pro
WIN_20221005_23_20_57_Pro

7 Likes

I last saw it last October. I think the frog had mystical significance of some sort. It wasn’t really explained in depth.

5 Likes

Added to my Halloween watch list. Apparently it was on Elvira Movie Macabre which I watched when I was a kid, so I might’ve seen it, but that was long ago so it’ll be all new to me.

Wonder if I can get the family to watch it with me. Sometimes they love my weird movie suggestions, other times they hate them.

5 Likes

yeah, it was oblique. the scenes that I actually remembered from my first viewing was the ritual bike jumping in the opening credits, and when the girl wants to fool around but the boy wants to catch a frog.

3 Likes

Deep Red (1975)

Dir: Dario Argento

Cast: David Hemmings, Daria Nicolodi

One of my very favorites. Just as in Blow-up, Hemmings is investigating a murder that he may or may not have correctly seen. Although much attention is paid to grisly slayings, as the killer kills and kills again to cover their tracks, the mystery plays fair and can be solved by those paying attention. With an excellent score by Goblin (although they would do even better work for Argento’s next film, Suspiria).

2 Likes