But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! đŸ‘»

Everyone thinks of Charlton Heston because of “The Omega Man”, but Vincent did it first. Also, he was put into 1939’s “Robin Hood” as a kind of a threat to get Errol Flynn to behave, lol!

2 Likes

But at the time of filming Robin Hood, Price was a nobody in the world of film!

ETA: And where is he? Extra?

3 Likes

And not “Robin Hood”, DUHH
“The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex” was the film I meant!

3 Likes

Oh, I see.

2 Likes

Which is when EF became even fuller of himself because of it, and Warner Bros. would think he needed to be reined in. Vincent wasn’t in RH at all.

2 Likes

One of the best bits ever:

5 Likes
3 Likes

My spouse has gotten this stuck in my head.

5 Likes

in previous residences during Halloween, I have pointed a speaker out the window with Black Sabbath’s Greatest Hits (the version in your post) on repeat.

I now have a curated playlist with that, novelty songs, the Misfits, a bunch of stuff from the Lux and Ivy collection, etc; but I haven’t lived anywhere that trick-or-treaters go in years so I don’t get to play it for them ( ._.)

5 Likes
3 Likes

I think this is the fourth or fifth monster cereal post I’ve made in this thread. Perhaps my time abroad made me more sentimental about this pop culture ephemera.

6 Likes

Something a little different for this thread. Something I find creepy, and I hope you will too.

This is the introduction to a three-part post that will demonstrate why I think so-called shadow people are real. Some of you may recall I was going to write this two years ago, but I was too worried about the up-coming election to focus on it.

For those who don’t know, shadow people are visual phenomena that fall under the category of “paranormal.” These are featureless, dark, translucent figures. They are not to be confused with ghosts. Generally, they are perceived to be adult and male. Children tend to experience them in the night, standing at the foot of their bed and occasionally sitting on the bed. Adults usually see fleeting glimpses of them indoors or have more definite sightings in wilderness areas.

What do I mean by describing them as “real?” By that I mean they are something people really experience. I don’t know what they are. They could be anything from trans-dimensional beings, or a hallucination the human mind is prone to. I’ve never seen one myself, and I don’t want to.

I consider myself rational, but I still find paranormal subjects to be interesting. I view such things as UFO encounters and cryptids with a combination of amusement and fascination.

For whatever reason, my reaction to shadow people is different. During daylight hours I find tales of them engrossing. But after the sun goes down, the thought of them disturbs me.

So, enjoy. This is a kind of therapy for me, I suppose. I will be posting the following parts as I write them.

8 Likes

WARNING: May frighten collectors of “Ken” dolls:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Since the city of Warren Water Dept. decided to dig up the my front yard, I decided to take advantage of it. I hope they don’t come to lay down sod until 11/1. The first one was taken with the “Sunset” filter on my phonecam; the second, no filter.
IMG_20221016_152747
IMG_20221016_152809

4 Likes

Why I Think Shadow People are Real
Part I — Classic Literature

For the first installment, I point out this excerpt from Herman Melville’s “Moby-Dick."

This occurs early in the novel. The story’s narrator, Ishmael, likens the sensation of waking up with Queequeg’s arm around him to a mysterious event from his childhood:

For several hours I lay there broad awake, feeling a great deal worse than I have ever done since, even from the greatest subsequent misfortunes. At last I must have fallen into a troubled nightmare of a doze; and slowly waking from it—half steeped in dreams—I opened my eyes, and the before sun-lit room was now wrapped in outer darkness. Instantly I felt a shock running through all my frame; nothing was to be seen, and nothing was to be heard; but a supernatural hand seemed placed in mine. My arm hung over the counterpane, and the nameless, unimaginable, silent form or phantom, to which the hand belonged, seemed closely seated by my bedside. For what seemed ages piled on ages, I lay there, frozen with the most awful fears, not daring to drag away my hand; yet ever thinking that if I could but stir it one single inch, the horrid spell would be broken. I knew not how this consciousness at last glided away from me; but waking in the morning, I shudderingly remembered it all, and for days and weeks and months afterwards I lost myself in confounding attempts to explain the mystery. Nay, to this very hour, I often puzzle myself with it.

When I first read Moby-Dick, I was already familiar with websites dedicated to paranormal encounters and Coast-to-Coast AM. Melville’s description includes many of the common details found in children’s encounters with shadow people: the child waking up in the night and perceiving a figure near them, the figure holding the child’s hand, and the child feeling too afraid to move.

Melville writes about this mysterious event with a direct simplicity. Much of his writing is based on his own experiences, so I assume this uncommon event is something that happened to him. As an adult, he could have dismissed this memory with a mundane explanation — it could have been a dream or one of his parents visiting him. But he doesn’t. He experienced something that was real to him and he can’t explain it.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Popol Vuh’s soundtrack has been a favorite of mine for almost 30 years. i never tire of it. so beautiful.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Excellent copy of the original Nosferatu, the first, and my favorite, Dracula adaptation. 100 years old this past March, it’s still an outstanding film. This is the same restored print as the Kino edition, but the intertitles are in the original German. It does have English subtitles, though.

Joe Bob says check it out. (No really. I was just watching this on The Last Drive-In.)

5 Likes