But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! šŸ‘»

Coilā€™s unused soundtrack to Clive Barkerā€™s Hellraiser paired up with appropriate footage from the film.

Disturbing.

1 Like

Although, not as disturbing as discovering that the Hellraiser Watch ā€˜nā€™ Wear offer expired in 1989! I want my satin jacket!

3 Likes

Very strobey. Quite un-nerving. Not really narrative, although itā€™s got some connections to narrative. Highly recommended.

Dir: Peter Tscherkassky (1999)

Hereā€™s my favorite classic cheesy horror movie. Based on the short story ā€œCasting the Runes.ā€ Or as Rocky Horror Picture said, ā€œDana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes and passing them used lots of skill.ā€

2 Likes

The Hitchcock intros and outros are the best parts, but the stories in between are also good old fashioned hokey fun.

4 Likes
4 Likes

13 Likes

6 Likes
12 Likes

This should go in All the Feels.

5 Likes

More drollery:

4 Likes

When I was a kid, they were showing Alfred Hitchcock Presents in rerun, and my mum never missed a show. Itā€™s only now that Iā€™ve seen a lot of movie trailers from the same time period that I appreciate just how much better Hitch was than anybody else.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Heā€™s probably the first director I ever knew by name. (At least the first I knew the name and that he was a director. I think I knew Walt Disney before, but at that early age I would have associated him with the theme park.) Of course, I knew Hitch thanks to the Three Investigators books which arenā€™t exactly part of his oeuvre.

5 Likes

I posted this in the This Is Interesting thread, but thought it should go here, too:

6 Likes

I did consider a cross post there. It gave me feels for sure. But Halloween feels!

5 Likes

I had that as a kid!
watched a youtube bootleg of

The youtube copy of part two is particularly compromised. Still, I may follow Gatisā€™s suggestion and watch

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen Blood on Satanā€™s Claw, so Iā€™m going to guess that those aforementioned compromises involve censored nudity. I recall quite enjoying it, although I think its model, The Witchfinder General, is the better film.

2 Likes

worse.

besides being reduced in resolution from 1080i to 360p, some of the films (including iirc, the Haunting and
The Wicker Man) attracted too much attention from contentID, so to they were replaced with back squares.

3 Likes