But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! šŸ‘»

that look he throws when he jokes about one day maybe being able to clone Reagan is priceless.

4 Likes
1 Like

Two three-minute episodes of the ā€˜50s British TV series Strange Experiences. Not especially scary, but, as the IMDb says, eerie. Worth a look.

Brought to us by Air-Wick!

3 Likes
4 Likes

For New Yearā€™s Eve, will liquor stores be far behind?

2 Likes

Or, for a non-cover version:

5 Likes

Itā€™s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

https://vimeo.com/765487562

ā€œI got a rock.ā€

5 Likes

Apparently it isnā€™t always halloween.

ā€œLeaving the rectory on Sunday evening, I saw numerous symbols of the satanic feast of ā€˜Halloweenā€™ placed in front of our sacred grounds,ā€ he wrote.

ā€œI acted according to my faith and duty to be a father and protector of the children entrusted to me and removed these symbols,ā€ said Father Smejkal, parish priest at the Roman Catholic Church of St John the Baptist.
ā€¦
He said he would have acted differently had he known they were carved by children.

5 Likes

He would have smashed the pumpkins over the childrenā€™s heads, then run away to start an alternative rock band.

5 Likes

Al disagrees!

5 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

man that throat-cutting blade is amazing. so simple, yet it looks perfect.

3 Likes

The S From Hell (2010) Dir: Rodney Ascher

Short documentary about people who were terrified in their youth by the Screen Gems logo. Better not tell these poor souls about Scarfolk. Worth a look.

From the writer/director of Room 237 (2012), the documentary which presented various purportedly goofy theories about the meaning of Kubrickā€™s The Shining.

3 Likes
5 Likes

VARAN, THE UNBELIEVABLE (1958) Japanese version
Dir: Ishirō Honda

During the investigation of the mysterious deaths of two lepidopterists within the ā€œTibet of Japan,ā€ tribal deity / reptile-flying squirrel hybrid Varan is awakened, much to the dismay of Tokyo.

Kaiju eiga originally commissioned for American television. When the deal fell through, the footage was re-purposed for Japanese cinema screens. (Thereā€™s also an American version which throws out almost all of the original film.) Itā€™s certainly not got the best reputation, but I rather enjoyed it, even the toy tanks with little Action Men sticking their heads out.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Happy Samhain, everyone!

9 Likes

Eclectic Halloween playlist I put together this morning:

4 Likes