Cake πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚

I’m not sure I’d eat that, but man; is it stunning to look at!

6 Likes
3 Likes

The (Chicago style deep dish) pizza is a lie!

10 Likes

i would eat that in a heartbeat. more than that, i want to know how they MADE that one.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s based on angel food (the crust) and the β€˜pepperoni’ is strawberry slices, but I have no idea how they created the illusion of melted cheese!

4 Likes

no no, haha – i mean the CMYK one! :rofl:

4 Likes

That one shouldn’t be hard: just use Wilton gel colors.

I bought a black one today, in fact, to make fire-&-brimstone bread for Halloween (already had the red):

6 Likes

i’m so out of the cake-baking realm, that this is a revelation to me. thanks!

2 Likes

This looks pretty amazing.

3 Likes

That’s amazeballs how realistic that looks…

3 Likes

I think it’s an actual pizza. I’ll see if I can find out where they make them, but I think it’s a chicago super deep dish thing.

now with a link

This is the idea…there are other places doing similar things.

2 Likes

No, it’s not an actual Chicago deep dish pizza. It really is a cake! The outside shell is angel food (I think) but I can’t figure out how they did the inside.

6 Likes

Woah

5 Likes

Below average pizza for Chicago.

4 Likes

How cute is this lady? I found it when I was looking for someone to explain how to make a traditional red velvet cake flour icing turn out well. I have the recipe but when I’ve tried to make the icing, it generally has an off flavor. The person who gave me the recipe, though, her icing was amazing.

2 Likes

By the way, she doesn’t teach how to make the icing. This person seems to have the best demo and discussion of it in the comments.

2 Likes

I thought the point of red velvet cake was that it has a cream cheese frosting like carrot cake, not icing?

3 Likes

Don’t you know? When you hit on the perfect recipe, you guard that shit with your life. How can anyone expect to be the best when everyone knows the secret?

/s

2 Likes

The cream cheese frosting has become popular but this flour frosting is the original. I really like it because it’s way less sweet than most frostings. But it’s really tricky to make and the cream cheese one is not.

2 Likes

I might be wrong about the flour icing being the original. Here is the recipe mentioned in the video above with the lady. It has a buttercream frosting.

http://www.tasteofsouthern.com/adams-original-red-velvet-cake-recipe/

Here’s a good article on the origins of this mysterious confection.

3 Likes