Cake πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚

I’m guessing it’s a cheesecake filling that’s been deliberately made to not set.

2 Likes

Shortening plus β€œbutter flavor” instead of butter? That’s one way to include an extra product placement in a recipe!

But yeah, how interesting that there are so many different ways to top a red velvet cake. Maybe it’s regional? Or the topping changed when the recipe caught on in a new region?

3 Likes

everything I am reading about red velvet is that its origins are shrouded in mystery. It is such a weird cake. II always thought it was one of those rationing types of deals, like you couldn’t get cocoa so you just used a couple of tablespoons and a big glurge of red food coloring.

1 Like

Holy moly, this is a CAKE!

12 Likes

This one takes the…erm…cake!

Watch to the end:

3 Likes

Check out the giant cake toward the end.

4 Likes

You can really see the embroidery influence in the designs (or maybe crewel work from the 50s tried to look like cakes?).

I wonder what someone who was a baker in that era would make of today’s cakes with their super-bright colours and rakish angles.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Words fail me:

12 Likes

Mew-velous!

Also my cat went bonkers while I played that.

3 Likes

Cakewrecks is particularly lovely this week:

8 Likes

Love the Dr Who cake!
We had a β€œ2010” party in 2010, and my SO baked a relevant cake:

We have forgotten what TMA stands for!! Anyone have a clue?

2 Likes

All I can think of is The Monolith Activates.

4 Likes

Maybe…

5 Likes

Too Much Amnesia?

3 Likes

Gosh, it may be, but it sure doesn’t sound familiar!

2 Likes

Lot of that going around . . . in my head.

4 Likes

Tycho magnetic anomaly.

6 Likes

Thank you! My SO just figured it out 15 minutes ago! She emailed me this link (which I read not two minutes ago):

Talk about coincidence.
Thanks all! (whew.gif)

7 Likes

Today’s Cakewrecks is unique: all the cakes are from one cake artiste (in Russia). This one, in particular, really grabbed me:

14 Likes