Comey Out, What Now?

I first read her right after Ferguson, and she is the kind of journalist we need right now. Whip smart and with empathy for human beings. I need to make some time to read that.

6 Likes

Pretty much every adult member of my partnerā€™s family has expressed a similar statement about her father, but possibly for a different reason. Weā€™re all pretty sure he would have been a supporter of Occupant Trump. He actually was a fairly decent person, but he was so enthralled with the GOP that, although he might have hesitated a bit, he would still have fully swallowed the Kool-Aid and jumped in with both feet. He would have privately grumbled about what was happening, but heā€™d still publicly support it and justify it as much as he could.

(No shock to reveal that he ran for Illinois Attorney General under the Republican banner, huh?)

2 Likes

She also hasnā€™t been disappeared yet. When do we expect journos to get the chop in the timetable of horror?

Itā€™s only a five minute read.

3 Likes

I know that now, :joy:

Not sure this is satireā€¦ :wink:

10 Likes

This isnā€™t. The problem with accepting illegal favors from the Russians is that they can use them to undermine you later.

7 Likes

You were saying?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/05/10/west-virginia-journalist-arrested-after-asking-hhs-secretary-tom-price-a-question/

4 Likes

I hope this turns up some good evidence.

8 Likes

One possible thing Trump didnā€™t think of is that the lower-downs in the Bureau would react in a ā€œYeah, heā€™s an incompetent bastard, but heā€™s our incompetent bastard.ā€ way.

It would be the best-case scenario for the country. Throw in some judges pissed off at the disrespect thrown at them and warrants might not be hard to obtain.

Unfortunately, I am not a person of great faith. And the evidence shows that dictators get away with this shit more often than not.

9 Likes

I just needed some positive news.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t Toronto do? Or Dublin?

1 Like

This is complete rubbish. Itā€™s Mother Russia.

If you think thatā€™s warm and cuddly remember what cats under stress do to kittens.

2 Likes
17 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much the read I had on it.

7 Likes

This kind of stuff makes me wonder if heā€™s even in the mental condition to survive a full term. If heā€™s lashing out like Hitler in his bunker not four months into office, whatā€™s he going to be like a couple years from now? Holding office means having his incompetence on display, being exposed to relentless public criticismā€”a narcissistā€™s worst nightmare.

How many times can he do something like this before 1.) the endless distractions make him a liability to his party or 2.) he eventually miscalculates by crossing the wrong a red line or 3.) nature, stress and McDonaldā€™s food run their course?

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying the stress of being president is obviously affecting him. The only time he is coherent anymore is when he is at one of his rallies, but that behavior is what he truly loves. His staff is already talking over him in interviews, and I suspect that he will do less one-on-one communication with the press.

3 Likes

Actually Hitler started lashing out well before 1945, purging as much of the officer class as he could. He wanted people who wouldnā€™t oppose him. Once he had a reliable supply of toadies, he rewarded them with estates in East Prussia in the hope that this would ensure their loyalty when he attacked the Soviet Union. Even very intelligent people like von Guderian fell for this.

On that basis, Trump will commit suicide in the wreckage of Washington somewhere around the middle of his second term.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know. This looks less like a skillful political machination than a temper tantrum.

1 Like

If you read the accounts, Hitler seemed to alternate between the two. The fact that getting rid of the opposition advanced his plans seems in some cases to have been almost coincidental. What is clear is that his courtiers constantly suggested getting rid of various people, and that sometimes he seems to have done so in a temper fit.

But, being somewhat sarcastic, there is another similarity between the two. Hitlerā€™s aim was, in effect, to be a property developer. Itā€™s just that the property he wanted to develop was Eastern Europe and Russia. His most popular courtier was his architect, Speer. Trump wants to get stuff and put his name on it. Is this just a common mindset of demagogic dictators with NPD?

7 Likes

17 Likes