Culture-Class Wars

The Weathermen were apparently an offshoot of Students for a Democratic Society. No wonder the US needs over 1000 right wing hate groups to protect us.

3 Likes

Mr Bennet, who has been the opinion editor since 2016, later admitted that he had not read the piece before its publication.

He had ONE JOB!

6 Likes

They need to retract that piece, with the notice on the front page.

3 Likes

Come to think of it, “attack and dethrone God” is pretty much the plot of most Brandon Sanderson novels.

3 Likes

And, anyway, Kirk did that already.

6 Likes

Boy, the NYT oped getting an earful actually had an effect.

1 Like

what effect might that have been?

looks like her column appears about once a fortnight.

The tone of the piece, for me. I’ll see what her older columns are like.

Her older columns seem more reserved, though that’s not a word I’d use to describe her writing.

1 Like

Sometimes the lies have to be checked and corrected:

2 Likes

Wait. Donald Trump Jr. is a writer?

3 Likes

No, but they publish him.

2 Likes

I thought the conservatives have their own imprints-- Regnery, for instance.

2 Likes

The article goes into that.

1 Like

parent company is salem media group, which seems like its rather firmly inside the bubble.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I do hope you aren’t trying to compare Trump Jr with Jack Kerouac.

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/25/nyregion/l-what-capote-said-about-kerouac-670892.html

In “At Northport Watering Hole, Kerouac Was Just Another Drinker” [ Sept. 13 ] , Patrick Fenton neglected to mention Truman Capote’s flip dismissal of Kerouac’s work as follows, “That’s not writing, that’s typing.” While this evaluation was not without merit, I must agree with Mike McGrady, quoted by Fenton as having declared Kerouac “important.” Certainly, “On the Road” was a faithful depiction of youthful despair over the order of things as they saw it. McGrady’s praise is not to be taken lightly, coming as it does from a serious journalist (“A Dove in Vietnam”) and mastermind of the boffo sex spoof “Naked Came the Stranger.” I would add that Capote was a bit of a poseur himself, his enormous gifts notwithstanding. His professed invention a new genre, the fictional biography (or whatever exactly he called it) with “In Cold Blood” was really a veiled excuse for not having to be accurate. EWIN RITCHIE Elmont

1 Like

I should say “That’s not writing, that’s trolling.”

4 Likes

Paid vacations, but only for Disneyworld.

Also…

6 Likes