Cyberpunk Dystopia Review

2 Likes

I wonder how many people will assume their consciousness goes with it, allowing them to “live forever.”

1 Like

Woman used dead man’s severed thumb to steal from bank account, police say

A woman is accused of using a severed thumb to steal money from a man’s bank account and pay for Uber rides, marijuana and alcohol, according to court records.

2 Likes

Not the ones who remember Dixie Flatline, he was handy to help Case but in the end he wanted out. No thanks. :smirk:

2 Likes

Tesla Delays Robotaxi Event in Blow to Musk’s Autonomy Drive

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Video game performers will go on strike over artificial intelligence concerns

“The industry has told us point blank that they do not necessarily consider everyone who is rendering movement performance to be a performer that is covered by the collective bargaining agreement,” SAG-AFTRA Chief Contracts Officer Ray Rodriguez said at a news conference Thursday afternoon. He said some physical performances are being treated as “data.”

2 Likes

A manipulated video shared by Musk mimics Harris’ voice, raising concerns about AI in politics

NEW YORK (AP) — A manipulated video that mimics the voice of Vice President Kamala Harris saying things she did not say is raising concerns about the power of artificial intelligence to mislead with Election Day about three months away.

3 Likes

Neuralink implanted second trial patient with brain chip, Musk says

Bitcoin tumbles around 5%

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Does anyone know how to report bugs in VLC?

They have a gitlab, but it requires its own account, and then confirmation, and then … fuck I can’t use this account wihout 2-faction-enshittification, and now that I know I can’t use it, I can’t delete it without 2-factor enshittification.

On Linux, at least with Cinnamon, the app follows accessibility settings to disable Desktop Effects.

On MacOS, it ignores analogous accessibility settings to Reduce Motion, and animates resizing the window.

Perhaps, in his masterful strategy, Putin will send a battalion of these to Ukraine. That would be very :laughing:

3 Likes

Dozens of deaths reveal risks of injecting sedatives into people restrained by police

The 43-year-old was surrounded by police who arrested him after responding to a trespassing call in a Wisconsin parking lot. Officers had shocked him with a Taser and pinned him as he pleaded that he couldn’t breathe. Now he sat on the ground with hands cuffed behind his back and took in oxygen through a mask.

Then, officers moved Jackson to his side so a medic could inject him with a potent knockout drug. “It’s just going to calm you down,” an officer assured Jackson. Within minutes, Jackson’s heart stopped.

4 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like