Cyberpunk Dystopia Review

Some sites have tight moderation, others loose, others not at all.

But it seems like most sites these days have official written moderation policies, maybe a section saying users should report any posts encouraging violence towards vulnerable communities, but in practice, they have different unwritten policies, and threaten users who follow their written policies.

It feels deceptive. It also feels like, deliberately or otherwise, they’re encouraging violence.

Including .zip and .mov…

2 Likes
1 Like

Only if it could tell me who’s in all those damned old photos they left behind!!!

1 Like

Or if their research into sensory processing in bats (to solve Nagel’s Problem) can help me with my sensory processing issues.

I would rather try a seance, or some kind of trip, than this though.

1 Like

I think that would bring better and more entertaining results.

On KOSA, another internet censorship bill. Notes on phone calls and petitions inside.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

r/Blind’s Meetings with Reddit and the Current Situation Regarding Accessibility and API Changes

https://old.reddit.com/r/Blind/comments/14ds81l/rblinds_meetings_with_reddit_and_the_current/

When you write a long post explaining something, link to relevant sources… and then it disappears, probably because you linked to relevant sources.

It’s annoying.

It discourages effortful posting.

It makes it easier for rumor and misinfo to spread, and harder for accurate info to rebut these.

Israeli Soldiers Are Posting Tinder Profile Pictures From Gaza

When I was reading cyberpunk on paper because it was the only way, I worried for the future, because of my anxiety, I never stopped to wonder if the future would be a shitty knock off reality like this.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

This is horrifying.

1 Like

China’s version of Neuralink unveiled at tech forum

BEIJING, April 25 (Reuters) - A Chinese state-backed company on Thursday unveiled a brain chip similar to the technology developed by Elon Musk’s startup Neuralink.

The company, Beijing Xinzhida Neurotechnology, developed a brain-computer interface (BCI) implant, called Neucyber, that has been tested on a monkey, allowing it control a robotic arm with only its thoughts, according to the state-run Xinhua news agency, which added that the technology was “independently developed” and China’s first “high-performance invasive BCI”.

1 Like

Millions of IPs remain infected by USB worm years after its creators left it for dead | Ars Technica

A now-abandoned USB worm that backdoors connected devices has continued to self-replicate for years since its creators lost control of it and remains active on thousands, possibly millions, of machines, researchers said Thursday.

2 Likes