Deathsantis

As the election campaigning gets underway ridiculously early (seems wrong that these people get to take a year and a half off neglecting their duties in order to campaign, but that’s another topic), we might as well have a thread about one of the most evil and dangerous candidates.

Here he is publicly announcing his plan for a Night of the Long Knives:

The governor also vowed tougher action against Mexican drug cartels, saying: “At the border they’re going to be shot stone cold dead.”

What’s a little concerning is that, while he currently seems to stand little chance of getting the Republican nomination vs. Trump, with Trump in so much legal trouble, there’s a possibility that he might get it by default. And as much as we’d love to see Trump take a hit, that is a little terrifying.

5 Likes

Why do people hate other people so damned much?

8 Likes

The GOP is the Party of Hatred. They hate everybody, including each other if there aren’t enough external enemies to keep them busy.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Good question… it seems to be a combination for wanting to blame others for the state of the world, to feel better about themselves by punching down, and self-loathing of some kind.

But they also have tax cuts, so that’s why REAL Americans :tm: keep voting for them!

10 Likes

He’s like an over-compensating Rodrigo Duterte.

5 Likes
6 Likes

As if, this guy is full-on fascist. The DOJ needed to step in as soon as he picked a fight with The Mouse, and that was before the *blatantly unconstitutional" legislation. :rage:

8 Likes

Uh, yeah - this sounds like a death-knell for his campaign.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Plus, according to my wild and weird theory of Presidential surnames, his is still too ethnic.

However, the DeSantis family that my dad knew ran a funeral home and were good people.

2 Likes

Right wing want winning optics to Reagan Reanimate.

Fuck 'em if they stay connected.

1 Like
7 Likes

A dictator purging the ranks of those who aren’t loyally licking his boots? How unusual.

I wonder if the schools in Florida are allowed to teach enough history for people there to recognize that.

6 Likes

I don’t understand how half of what that fasschole does is even legal, and then I remember… oh, yeah; it’s the white supremacy.

5 Likes
7 Likes

10 Likes

And I’m sure DeSantis is happy about that. I’m sure he loves the “poorly educated” too.

9 Likes

Nazi Germany had that problem in the late 1930’s. Of course, that’s precisely the type of society DeSantis wants.

9 Likes