Discourse 2.2 released!

I’ll be upgrading to the latest version (somewhat less) shortly. Please feel free to report any issues or questions here or in the Site Bugs thread.

8 Likes

Offsite backups are taking a bit longer than I expected. I will try to tackle this tomorrow.

9 Likes

Thank you for everything!

9 Likes

The Upgrade is done, but if anyone sees giant icons like I just did, make sure to do a full reload or clear your cache.

8 Likes

I’ve also installed the Optional Mobile Title Switch Component as requested by @ficuswhisperer. You should all have a new preference in the user interface section, but only on mobile. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Also, feel free to check out the theme-component tag on meta and let me know if there are any others that you think would be worthwhile.

4 Likes

This is. Um. Kinda broken on my phone.

3 Likes

I had the same issue but force stopping and clearing the cache on Android (long hold the icon > “i” > storage options > “clear cache” on my version; no need to delete cookies etc) fixed it for me.

6 Likes

It took me a bit last night to find a method that worked, but for me on Android chrome what finally did it was hitting the three-dots menu in the top right, then history->clear browsing data, check only the “cached images and files” option, and then “clear data”.

[edit, now that I’ve tried it on my desktop] in Firefox, I just had to do a [shift]/refresh.

6 Likes

I did this in Firefox 65.0.1 and it worked.

4 Likes

Yup, clearing the cache got rid of large icons for me. (Dark theme, Chromium mod browser.)

5 Likes

Am I the only one with very dark, almost not visible Search and Icon menus on the top of the screen? I tried looking in Chrome and Dolphin but for some weird reason (maybe my ancient phone) they won’t load the site at all. :rage:

4 Likes

Default Dark is definitely one of the themes suffering from this bug. I’ll push a hotfix when I have access to a terminal.

6 Likes

Phew. Cache clearing and then reloading the page killed the GIANT ICONS.

7 Likes

Thank you all for explaining! Geez, I can only imagine how much worse it would have been on a phone rather than a monitor.

6 Likes

thank you for the tip about the giant icons – i just started seeing them this morning, and omg it was driving me CRAZY. so nice to have everything back to normal now. : )

6 Likes

I wish iOS let you clear cache or history, not cache_and_history. :angry:

Of course maybe I did something wrong, but it would just the sort of dumbing down apple is so famous for.

4 Likes

I like the cup with the E!

7 Likes

I guess the “_____ liked five of your posts” is a new thing. Seems kinda, I dunno, redundant somehow.

7 Likes