E3 2017, anyone?

Is anyone watching E3 this week?

I’ve been keeping an eye on the conferences, announcements, etc. for something I’ve got planned for Saturday, and also because this is sort of video game news Christmas. This seems like as good a place as any to share links and discuss what we’ve seen of this show.

3 Likes

First up was EA:

I haven’t watched this one yet. I saw Anthem in the Xbox briefing, though, and it looks like something I could get into.

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping my left eye on it, but mostly for Switch related announcements which I think are mostly going to be tomorrow. So far though I have noticed the Fallout 4 VR announcement, which I must admit is alone almost enough to make me consider buying a rig.

4 Likes

Microsoft announced a few things:

I’ll probably end up getting an X, which will encourage me to get a new TV, and a new receiver. :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

They also showed a bunch of games. I’ll have to follow up on some of those.

2 Likes

Bethesda had their thing, too:

The biggest highlight for me is a new Wolfenstein. The New Order was so very good. I’ll go back and watch this one for sure just to see that footage.

2 Likes

Devolver Digital did something:

I need to see this.

2 Likes

The new graphics and lighting for Minecraft look really good.

1 Like

If everyone’s nickname for the XBox One was “X-Bone”, will the new one be the “X-Bonks?”

4 Likes

It could be interpreted (probably incorrectly), that Microsoft was able to do what Tesla (the company, not the scientist) was not:

• Xbox One S
  • Xbox One Elite
  • Xbox One X

Presumably, the next revision will be the Y.

5 Likes

We can but hope.

And Apple - Remember the SE/30? Every other 68030 based Mac was an ‘X’. :nerd:

3 Likes

Of course, it’s launched a ton of speculation about MS putting the Java-based version out to pasture, since they conspicuously didn’t talk about it.

2 Likes

Ubisoft now:

Which includes this:

Something about XCOM with shells. I can get behind that.

3 Likes

Saw a poster on another sight rambling about running out of ammo in the new order. Got to be honest first thought was shoot better.

2 Likes

I originally played it on normal difficulty, then messed up and accidentally overwrote my save. I switched to easy for the second playthrough, but I don’t remember running out of ammo completely, just having to be more careful at the higher difficulty. It’s really not a guns-a-blazin’ kind of game, but neither was Wolf3D or either of the originals.

2 Likes

Last game I can think of where I remember really running low on ammo was doom 3.

1 Like

This addresses that somewhat. It will be re-branded as Minecraft: Java Edition. It will still receive updates, but it will not have connectivity with the others collectively known as Minecraft.

2 Likes

New Life is Strange, you guys. I can’t wait.

6 Likes

It’s… not entirely reassuring that they’re renaming the original Minecraft an “edition” and renaming the “editions” as Minecraft. :wink:

Yeesh… I still need to play through the first one. I have it, but haven’t gone past the first 15 minutes or so (due to time and a general feeling that I was already missing things in that short period).

3 Likes

The first chapter is kinda rough but if you stick with it, it gets so good. Don’t worry about missing anything. You can replay chapters or sections anytime and there’s lots of opportunities to revisit the past as the story progresses.

3 Likes