Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

Do it!

Can anyone verify that any of these dancers are in fact doing the Hustle?

5 Likes

Yes. There is a specific African American variation of this that is similar to East Coast swing. I have a massage therapist who is involved in this community and she sent me videos of it. I never knew about it.

6 Likes

Wait, nope, it’s Steppin’ that I was thinking of.

4 Likes

i have a copy of the old book, “Let’s Disco!” and it sure looks like they are doing the steps illustrated in the book…

3 Likes

Well now I can enjoy that video even more.

1 Like
3 Likes

well, further exploration seems to indicate a mix of things: there’s definitely some “Hustle” moves shown in that video, but there’s other stuff shown, too. this woman shows the moves i can pick out in the book i have best:

1 Like

Some earworms are more welcome than others.
Dean town by vulfpeck

2 Likes

When it’s 2019 and a trashy Faster Pussycat song comes on on the internet radio in your video game, a song which you first discovered over a quarter century ago on a scratched-up CD found in the gravel on the side of the road at the impressionable age of 16. :rofl:

ETA: I think I still have that CD somewhere in the basement.

6 Likes

Stuck in my head for twenty nine years.

:musical_note: When you say it
that way…:musical_note:

5 Likes

Heard this in the grocery store today.

9 Likes

A night for earworms, it seems…

9 Likes

This so closely resembles Dobie Gray’s version that I’m sure I’ve heard it before and thought it was Gray.

6 Likes

ACTUALLY… I think this is the version I know. Thanks.

I just searched for “Give me the beat boy,” and the Doobie Brothers was the first result.

I think this is a much better version.

5 Likes

For years growing up I thought he was saying “Gimme the Beach Boys” and thought it was one band singing about how much they liked another band. :joy:

7 Likes
5 Likes

Can we get a mash up called Bangle a Gong?

5 Likes

I’m not sure it’s within my capabilities, but I like the way you think. :smiley:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Following on from a conversation at TOP about quantization, someone brought up Stephen Morris which lead me to the following cover of Ceremony by Radiohead. It’s really stuck in my head, but it’s AWESOME.

4 Likes