Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

I like it too.
I remember Neil Diamond said he got this song stuck in his own head once. I thought it might help jar the Baby Shark loose.

1 Like

sadly, no. that song is FIERCE. itā€™s been in my head for a week. part of the podcast went over WHY itā€™s so damn catchy, of course.

2 Likes

thatā€™s SO FUN. i love the idea of filming in a grocery store.
(with the Hoff! how does one manage THAT?)

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

It started Monday morning.

The general ā€œhow was the weekend chatā€ when a co-worker asked if Iā€™d seen the newest Marvel movie.

My brain responded with, ā€œWell I tried to make it Sunday, but I got soā€¦ damnā€¦ depressed?ā€

A couple of smiles and a couple of furrowed brows and everyone moved on.

Except me.

I woke up humming it still this morning.

So for everyoneā€™s edification and amusementā€¦

6 Likes

I, seriously, find myself singing this song every once in a while.

3 Likes

iā€™ve been singing it lately too, but because itā€™s on Jonathan Coultonā€™s new album, and itā€™s just so damn good.

5 Likes

Thanks to Us, I have the most ominous version of the baseline from I Got 5 On It/Why You Treat Me So Bad stuck in my head.

4 Likes

This is my new favorite thing:

The whole concert is good but this last song especially - the drums are just crazy and the vocals! Theyā€™re really pouring themselves into it. And itā€™s a mix of energizing and relaxing that I canā€™t even explain because that doesnā€™t really make sense.

Showed it to my wife and she instantly ordered the CD to be our new sleep CD (which will play on repeat nonstop in the bedroom until the CD player dies). Didnā€™t even wait for it to be over. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, these guys are great!

1 Like

Iā€™m loving this! Thank you!

1 Like

May I introduce you to the mellow, infectious stylings of Bongo Cat?

5 Likes

itā€™s great, but it just canā€™t hold a candle to that damn shark song, iā€™m afraid. :shark:

6 Likes

Of course it could always be The Song That Doesnā€™t End, in which case weā€™d all be truly f*ckedā€¦ (because it goes on and on, my friend).

4 Likes

well, this doesnā€™t run FOREVER, but hereā€™s the saxophone from Baker Street that is on a loop for 10 hoursā€¦ does that count?

5 Likes

As a study in perversity, perhaps.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been, humming singing this song over and over the last few days, fortunately Ms Tachin doesnā€™t seem to mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The worst part is, this came out completely unwittingly. I only realized which part of my brain had to have generated this particular phrasing when I re-read it, and it was that realization which triggered the resurgent earwormā€¦

4 Likes