Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

The great discord, a criminally unknown progressive pop-metal (self described) band from Sweden just dropped a cover of Bjork’s Army of me this morning. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve listened to it.
Maybe it’s not even had a chance to meet the commonly accepted definition of an ear worm, but trust me, it’s in there.

3 Likes

I can’t get this new dimension in rock and roll out of my head.

2 Likes

The melody for this song has been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks now, and it’s not a bad thing.

3 Likes

Almost every year, the Cruxshadows put out a free/donationware Christmas song. Goth Christmas carols. My favorite is 2014’s Light a Way (Back Home). But this year’s song, The Carol of the Innocents, is interesting and has some depth. I recommend reading the story behind it and then listening. (Also I really like when musicians post their thoughts about a song they made.)

http://www.cruxshadows.org/christmas-songs-holiday-donation-ware-tracks/

2 Likes

Unrelated to the last post, this has been totally stuck in my head for a couple weeks. I looked up one of their big hits from the 90’s which was ok, nice nostalgia trip, but then found this which is much better. I did not know they did music like this, and I love it.

2 Likes

Damn it… now it’s stuck in my head. I can’t go one Christmas… :wink:

5 Likes

Just took a walk in the falling fluffy snow.

It was lovely. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

help me
help me

i listened to a podcast about this song and why it’s charting on the Billboard charts, and is now the most popular video on youtube, and i can’t get it out of my head…

8 Likes

Could be worse…

“I love you
'coz you agree
we need to kill Barney
very slowly
with an axe and a torch, and trample him with a cow:
Barney’s taken his last bow.”

8 Likes

Okay!

4 Likes

@franko

I’ve yet to hear this jingle. And in no hurry to click that link.

@PatRx2

I know the song, but never had it drilled into my head, so the Purple Dinosaur isn’t a trigger to me.

@nimelennar

Not sure I know that one. I’ve only seen part of the movie while at a friend’s place and one of the grandkids had it on in the other room.

I win this round.

4 Likes

Your prize: a trip to Havana!

2 Likes

@PatRx2 for some reason, i’ve never found the Barney song to be that earwormy. it doesn’t have near the stickiness to me that that damn shark song does, anyway!

@nimelennar true confession: i’ve never seen this movie. i’m not even sure what part of this song is the earwormy part. is it the “do you want to build a snowman” part? i DO know the “let it go, let it gooooo!” part, so that’s earwormy, but it can’t hold a candle to these sharks!

TL;DR i’m doomed. :sob: :notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes::notes:

4 Likes

CLICK AT YOUR DOOM

5 Likes

“Unca Pat! No strangle Barney!”

4 Likes

More a fan of Ipanema this time of year.

3 Likes

Yeah, but this might be more appropriate…

1 Like

There’s only one way to fight that earworm. A tall glass of Cracklin’ Rosie.

3 Likes

I had to remind myself what that tune was. I should have known better! Gaaaaahhhh!!! The horror! The horror!

3 Likes