Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

help help help! every morning, for the past two weeks (i think), i’ve woken up with the zydeco accordion and the chorus from this in my head. as earworms go, this is a new one for me. not sure where it came from, but i’m so sick of it.

3 Likes

I saw this song live on Colbert a couple of nights ago and it’s been rolling around in my head since then. The dance choreography in the video makes it even better. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes
6 Likes

I had a song (which shall not be named) stuck in my head for days, so I tried to find something to get it unstuck and ended up with this instead.

It occurs to me that I never really listened to the lyrics outside of the chorus before and missed such nonsensical gems as:

Fire in the ice
Naked to the T-bone
Is a lover’s disguise
Bangin’ on the head drum
Shakin’ like a mad bull

and

Movin’ like a hammer
She’s a miracle man
Lovin’ is the ocean
Kissin’ is the wet sand

So now I have another song stuck in my head, but at least it’s nonsense.

5 Likes

Is that Ryan Reynolds?

1 Like

Per Gessle. Roxette is a Swedish act.

2 Likes

My comment was intended to be jocular.

I’ve been singing this song in my sleep for the last few days.

Thanks, I think I’m cured!

4 Likes

I have no idea why this song has taken up residence in my head, but here’s hoping that sharing it lets it go.

3 Likes

If you want another sure to get stuck, there’s

which I will always and forever think of as “the chicken cherry cola” song.
2 Likes

It has another title?

Sadly, the song is tainted for me by a guy I worked with who fancied himself a PUA and really liked Savage Garden.

2 Likes

This one’s better without an introduction.

3 Likes

Colors by Beck directed by Edgar Wright

(Warning: Flashing)

1 Like

well, that’s quite a fun video, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I’m conflicted.

If there’s a band that shouldn’t need a Japanese maid café shtick, this is it, but evidently they do.

1 Like

Yeah the outfits seem unnecessary and not really on point with the music.

Yeah, but what bothers me is that it was probably a very shrewd business decision, and not just for the Japanese market. These women are very, very good, possibly even better live than in the studio, and strong songwriters. They are starting to break out internationally, and rightly so. It just bothers me that, were they males, they wouldn’t need any shtick.

2 Likes

If its any consolation even some of the guys need a schtick to get anywhere in Japan

2 Likes

I 've been listening to these guys pretty much non stop this week.

1 Like

Ah, but his image is all wrong for the Kami Band. :wink:

As I say, these lasses are good live. It’s commercial rock, but it is a very high grade of commercial rock.

Edit: classic rock ballad.

1 Like