Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

Sure This is America has all the mentions now, but I can’t get Sweatpants out of my head

3 Likes
4 Likes

You’d think they’d be “Archie and the [nouns],” as only one of them is named Archie.

I mean, if none of them were named Archie, I could see them being “The Archies,” but…

5 Likes

Advanced cloning and genetic manipulation.

They are all Archie. Archie Prime is an cruel master though. After the show, “Betty”,“Reggie” & “Veronica” all go back in their boxes until the next performance.

4 Likes

I had this 8-Track.

Well, I should say, this 8-Track was in the house. Either Brother #2 or Sister’s.

2 Likes

It’s a mistranslation from the original Spanish. The band’s actual name is “Los del Archie.”

4 Likes

This song has been stuck in my head all day.

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I swore I knew this song from the family copy of

But looking at the track listing, it isn’t there. So now I’m left to wonder what album it was on.

I had very eclectic musical upbringing.

Edit - Looking at the track listing…this belongs over in Deprogramming

2 Likes

Curiously I have a similar memory of having heard it on a K-Tel album named “Goofy Greats,” but now I look it up online and find it wasn’t on there.

I wonder where I heard it? :thinking:

Perhaps everyone is born with a genetic memory of this song.

1 Like

i swear, i never tire of this song. it’s a perfect pop confection, and it feels like summer.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s true. I hate you all:

My current earworm is 2 Unlimited. They may be a manufactured band, but pretty much everything is danceworthy. And after having stumbled across it again, I just can’t get it out of my head.

(Fun fact - Lords of Acid made the Mortal Kombat theme from that. No one has publicly said anything about it - whether there was a deal or something. I’m guessing there was and/or the writers/producers were the same people.)
2 Likes

This crawled out of the recesses of my grey matter on the drive into work and I ended up having to find the video to refresh a couple places where I couldn’t quite remember the lyrics.

3 Likes

An ear worm for our times? Though it’s unfortunate that Ms. Jones is no longer with us.

5 Likes

Time for a Friday Freakout, man.

2 Likes

Here’s a new one on me. As many times as I’ve heard this song, I’ve never seen this cover video. It made my day.

2 Likes

I must confess, I had never seen the video…

5 Likes

Neither have I.

1 Like