Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

That was playing on the way to work this morning on my mix

I’ve been meaning to listen to them since Von Slatt mentioned her on the Twitters.

And I have to agree on the Prince-ness

How did I miss this? (Oh yeah, I stopped watching TV)

2 Likes

I understand you feel that Everything’s Ruined and Falling to Pieces. You may be having a Midlife Crisis, but you just need to Be Aggressive and enjoy the Small Victories and you will see that everything in this Land of Sunshine that your problems are getting Smaller and Smaller and this is The Real Thing and things will become Easy.

1 Like

Make me feel:
What A great track! Added to my playlist.

Which to my ear is maybe just a little too bit on the nose but that’s just me nitpicking.

1 Like

If you read the article I posted, she talks about how she was working with Prince on early versions of the tracks. He was a mentor and a collaborator and this is, in part, a tribute to him.

5 Likes

Sorry, I must have missed it.

Yeah, it makes sense now why that guitar bit so explicitly sounds like Prince.

3 Likes

My brother used to sing this when he was a little kid, except with the wrong words and the wrong melody (mostly). I don’t think he understood all the numbers were supposed to be temperatures, since we grew up with Celsius.

That’s a lot of stop motion animating to keep straight!

3 Likes

Been listening to NPR Tiny Desk Concerts all day and came across this one:

https://www.npr.org/event/music/551277265/ssingssing-tiny-desk-concert

You can find it on youtube as well if the link doesn’t work. Heard a bunch of good ones today (Tank and the Bangas, Benjamin Clementine, DakhaBrakha, Monika, Rubblebucket are all worth looking up).

1 Like

I’m having a cull of my CD collection and taking the opportunity to revisit some stuff I’ve not listened to in ages. As a result I’ve had this stuck in my head for a while now

4 Likes

Stay away from that Be and/or Bop! It will make you a degenerate!

2 Likes

i’m posting this here because it’s been haunting me for a week or so, but i don’t want anyone to think that this is a BAD thing. i had forgotten all about this song, and then it blindsided me on a youtube channel recently:

Michael Stanley Band - Rosewood Bitters

2 Likes

Finally got around to listening to this album yesterday, yeah this song will be stuck in my head for a while

1 Like

So, what you’re saying is, the song is well-named?

2 Likes

:musical_note: :musical_note: O̪̳̦̊̈̓̆v̩͌ͬ͜e̵͍̻̪̦̠̿̍͆̍̂ͬ̐͞r̴̸̹̻̼̞̘̦̔̋̈͑ͫ̽̈͗͢ ̯̝͇̮̗̳̖͍̦̄ͯ̀å̬̥̞̯̭̗̓ͭͣ́̌̈́ͧ̂͢ň̛̺̳͒ͨ͒̋̒͘d̹͎͔̯̞̐͢͠ ͍̱͒ͨ̉͒̏̄͌͌͢͝ȯ̵̴̦̝̩̌̽ͨͪ͋̐͘v̝̬̥̲̺̘̓e͚͍͍ͤ̐͑̒͊̽́r̦̜͉̝̦͙̘̼͐͒͆ ̷͚̩̈͆̂̋ͩ̏̆͢a̷̡̭̥̼͕̩̩̫̻̥ͥ̽ͩ͘n̥̹̯̝̎̔̉̚͠ḋ̈͏̨̞̙̰ ͬͩͮ͂ͧͧ͟͟҉͓͚o͕̳̟̪̤͕̙͆ͧͬ̆̆̅ͦ̎̚̕v̰̣̙̥ͤ̊e̅̎̍̈̑ͪ͊͜͏͕̺͈̞̙̝͙̺͍ȑ͔̘͘̕͢!̛̘͉̖̮̘̠ͧ̍̓̿̃͜ :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Isn’t that over and over and under?

1 Like
3 Likes

Trent always seems to scratch that itch.

4 Likes

Anyone else catch Jesus Christ Superstar Live?

Now I cannot get it out of my head:

3 Likes

I think I’ve found my Summer jam.

It’s simple, but catchy, and oh so much fun. To me, Eric Nally’s solo work has been a little uneven, but I think he’s got a potential hit on his hands with this one.

1 Like
2 Likes