Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

Mrs. Cynical and I plowed through the whole of Rick and Morty in a couple of days at the end of last year and this has been stuck in my head ever since:

I downloaded it and now use it as my holyfuckingshitwhyisthistrainsocrowdedandwhydoesnttheairconditioningwork song on the train. It’s calm, it’s relaxing and it helps me visualise my fellow commuters being blasted into the cold, hard vacuum of space.

3 Likes

A great tune for singing along…

4 Likes

Nina Hagen is so delightfully wacky!

3 Likes

Yup. Great for singalongs. I blow out my vocal chords by about the third note, which may be why my friends consider it great for singalongs… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I had this song on my mind all morning.

Wonderfully distorted as all good garage rock should be.

2 Likes

I just can’t stop listening to this. From T-Minus’ amazing production to K-Dots lyrics and delivery. It’s no wonder this guy keeps getting smacked in the face with Grammys.

(If you dig into the lyrics this is actually a cautionary tale and not a pro-drinking song.)

1 Like

I recently found out about this japanese band called “Lucie, too”, I have played their album Lucky about 20 times over the last 3 days. I have no idea what they’re saying but the music just makes me happy.

3 Likes

I can translate the first one if you would like. The lyrics are written on the video so it shouldn’t take a great deal of time but I might not be able to do it until the weekend as things are a touch hectic at the moment…

Of course, if you’d prefer not to know what the lyrics are, that’s fine too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Early 17th century equivalent to “Louie Louie”… and it really was - this is just one arrangement of a proverbial shitload (the original was by Dowland).

5 Likes

It’s fine, if you can give me the gist of it, I’d really appreciate it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Dammit!
:musical_note:Let me turn you on
To the chromium swan
On the the nose of a long limousine :musical_note:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/02/monty-pythons-flying-circus-protest-song.html
Skip to 1:00 for the song

3 Likes

Sorry this is a bit later than anticipated but:

"Lucky

些細な事でケンカして
話はまだ平行線のままだけど
そんな事はもうどうでもいいの
だって今日は特別な日

今日から私ついて行くわ
テレビから出てくる髪の長いオバケが
あなたに恋をとしても
その手をつかんで二度と離さないわ
最期の時が来るまであなたに尽くす事決めたの

春の匂いで胸踊らす
街中までお散歩
今日から私あなたについて行くわ
地球よりもデカイ宇宙の星が
あなたに迫ってきてるとでしても
その手をつかんで二度と離さないわ
最期の時が来るまであなたに尽くす事決めたの

Had a fight about something stupid
Our conversation is still at odds (lit “in parallel”)
But I already don’t care about that
Because today is a special day:

From today I’m going to be with you,
It’ll be like being loved by a long haired ghost coming out of the TV
I’m going to hold your hand and I’m not going to lose you twice
I’ve made up my mind I’m going to hold you until the end

Dancing as the smell of the spring fills the lungs
On a stroll into town,
From today I’m going to be with you,
Like the universe closing in on you,
I’m going to hold your hand and I’m not going to lose you twice
I’ve made up my mind I’m going to hold you until the end."

Apologies for the lack of lyricism in my translation. It’s very sweet in the original but also a touch creepy (while still being cute).

5 Likes

When I have a long drive ahead of me, I generally download two albums: a stage musical, as well as something more folk/pop/rock.

My last long drive was over Christmas, and, this time, the “stage musical” I downloaded was Joseph. I’ve had this stuck in my head on-and-off ever since:

1 Like

You are so awesome! Thank you very much!

I think it comes across just fine.

4 Likes

Current Mood: I’m not here, i’m somewhere else and i’m not coming back

A very good cover by the original lead guitarist and his band…

3 Likes

The wife said I was singing this song in my sleep.

“say baby, do you want to lay down with me
say baby, do you want to lay down by my side
say baby, do you want to lay down with me
say baby
say baby!”

4 Likes

Fuck, now it’s stuck in my head, and I didn’t even play it. Please know I am shaking my fist right now.

In seriousness, you didn’t put it there. It’s been there for many years, but you awakened it, and now what do I do?!?!? Next thing you know I’ll be sailing the seas of cheese, just to get myself enough pork soda for ME to be the Frizzle Fry, and then what? It’s a slippery slope to Faith No More and Mr Bungle, and that got SOOOooooo messy last time.

5 Likes

Anyone heard the new Janelle Monae songs?

I’m getting a real Prince vibe off Make Me Feel:

And Django Jane is just all kinds of kick ass:

2 Likes

Also, Run the Jewels at Austin City Limits:

3 Likes