Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

Do you mean this one?

4 Likes

Now I want to hear Philip Glass doing Heart of Glass!

You also reminded me of this

3 Likes

I’m on data plan right now, so I won’t play it, but the bit with le Carré’s cameo and Santa Lenin. So that looks about right.

2 Likes

As of this morning, this one’s stuck in my head:

2 Likes

For some reason I have to listen to this every time I leave work

Okay, this hardcore earworm needs an intro. I’ve been immersed for days in what are basically the contents of Andy Partridge-of-XTC’s old shoeboxes from under the bed, released in a total of 9 CDs under the title Fuzzy Warbles. They’re gloriously, defiantly, unorganized: a track from some ancient cassette will be next to a well-crafted demo, next to some four-track version of a great song that was never released, next to a weird attempt at 1920s Chinese disco… This is a demo for a children’s song. ENJOY…

4 Likes
3 Likes

Nice! It reminds me of some of They Might Be Giants kid oriented stuff

3 Likes

Oh, it’s typically well-made, it’s just harder to be positive about it when I’ve sung the first line to myself a couple of thousand times.

Where do people have earworms? (Apart from their ears, presumably.) I get them at work, when I generally can’t drive them away with other music, and often when I’m out walking.

Something I dread on a long walk is getting a classic fast twelve-bar backing track stuck in my head, a bit like this:

which I may not get rid of for miles.

3 Likes

I’ve got a love-hate relationship with this song. I don’t like the lyrics. “In love with your body”? What about being in love with the whole person, mind, heart and soul? But that beat is infectious. Before I know it, my hips start moving, I start dancing… it’s such an earworm.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s a really douchey song, but it’s an earworm.

Just like this one:

4 Likes

Oh, but I can fix that one for you!

All of the sick beats, none of the guilt, because this one’s infinitely more cool. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ETA: there is just a little bit of naughtiness in this one, maybe a couple of PG-13 moments. YMMV on whether or not it’s work-safe.

6 Likes

Yup. Catchy as hell, shame about the lyrics.

I was pleased Weird Al did a parody.

(The lyrics are still slightly naughty and inconsiderate in places, but not to douchey levels.)

10 Likes

This will not leave my head.

2 Likes

GAHHHH… woke up this morning with one of the most aggressivem perfect earworms ever in my head. it’s still there, looping around and around and around and around…

8 Likes

The a cappella version used to be used a lot by some audio engineers to sound out a room. I got used to hearing the first fifteen seconds of it on endless loop for half an hour or so.

2 Likes

coincidentally, that’s the part that’s stuck on loop in my head. :sob:

I will like basically any song with a disco hook.

Also, I have a child so my ear-worms are just her favorite things like:

or:

10 Likes

I started singing this one about an hour ago – good example of everything-old-is-real-again:

7 Likes