Elections 2023-2024

Well I listened to the episode. How did we get these people?

2 Likes

I love Ronny. I’m so glad they kept him on the show. He should get his own late-night show.

4 Likes

Two takes:

During a rally in Arizona, Republican vice-presidential nominee JD Vance said that the exchange was really a reflection of what he said was the increasing likelihood that Donald Trump would win in November.

“There’s a real sense that the world leaders are afraid that if Donald Trump comes in, they’re going to have to start behaving again,” he said. "The bad guys worry that Donald Trump will be back and the free ride is over.”

The former president himself posted a lengthy response on his social media website, questioning Mr Biden’s negotiating strategy and speculating about the details of the exchange.

“We never make good deals, at anything, but especially hostage swaps,” he wrote. “Our ‘negotiators’ are always an embarrassment to us!”

vs

Mr Biden also took a moment to tout his foreign policy vision in what could be an implied contrast with the former president’s “America first”, go-it-alone international outlook.

“Today is a powerful example of why it’s vital to have friends in this world and friends you can trust, work with and depend upon, especially on matters of great consequence and sensitivity like this,” he said. “Our alliances make our people safer.”

5 Likes
4 Likes

And he & his fam live in MI, eeeeeee! :smiley:

if only he was more of a lefty.

3 Likes

I found it really impressive because he’s not just rambling or babbling about nonsensical things, or getting confused, or lashing out randomly. He seems really grounded, and seems to actually know something about what he’s talking about.

That seems like a really low bar, but here we are.

No brain worms or couch-fucking, or talking about how people suddenly changed race or going off on electrified shark hypotheticals. No nonsense. He just gets to the point. And speaks clearly. I’d like the people leading my country to at least be at that level.

5 Likes

All the talk seems to be about Shapiro and Walz and Kelly…but Pete has got that Ivy-League, 1950s conservative, clean-cut, white man look…which shouldn’t be as important as it is these days, but here we are.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Buttigieg isn’t going to be popular with the target demographic, given the intel background and the ivy smarm expectations. Kelly is best, but then it’s an issue of succession for his Senate seat. Walz makes most sense to me.

5 Likes

Relevant:

6 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

I miss the days when Idiocracy wasn’t seen as a utopian vision of a possible brighter future.

7 Likes

Does this mean I can no longer wear my “Being Weird Isn’t Enough” button?

4 Likes

I think “refreshing” is an adjective that’s going to get used a lot in the near future. Here’s one example:

5 Likes

Well that was surprising and interesting because I hadn’t seen this one:

It’s nice that he found people to pick up and carry on in his place, and I hope he gets some rest and feels better. Burnout sucks.

And she’s doing fine at carrying on the legacy.

6 Likes

She’s his wife. She’s doing a great job!

She was calling her self “Miz Beau”, but then she switched to Belle. Which is the feminine of Beau in French. Tres intelligent (very clever)!

7 Likes

Walz is the VP pick for Harris. Well, at least she didn’t pick Kelly, who looks way too much like Jeff Bezos, IMNSHO.

I guess Pete will stay as SecTransport if she wins.

ADDENDUM: Okay, he’s fine with me!

9 Likes

Here’s hoping they Walz right into the Oval Office.

7 Likes