Elections 2023-2024

Um, yeah…there’s some rather odd (?) contradictions under the Dem umbrella…

and if she takes a bit of food from someone & quickly eats it, she’s the nom-nom-Nom?

3 Likes

If she’s meditating while eating, it’s the om-nom-nom-nom.

5 Likes

I would absolutely love to see any kind of cite for what Lindell was telling that 12-year-old. But as soon as he said “I’m not going to tell you her last name” when talking about someone who allegedly went from third place to first in a general election, he lost whatever small scraps of credibility he might have found under that mustache hair.

5 Likes

Speaking in Phoenix on Friday, Kennedy said in an “honest system” he believed he would win the election and railed against the media and the Democratic Party for perceived slights against his campaign.

“In my heart, I no longer believe that I have a realistic path of electoral victory in the face of this relentless, systematic censorship and media control,” he said.

In remarks in Nevada Friday, Trump thanked “Bobby” for the endorsement and called him “a great guy.”

Kennedy’s campaign has upset many members of his family. Five of his siblings wrote in a statement Friday that, “Our brother Bobby’s decision to endorse Trump today is a betrayal of the values that our father and our family hold dear. It is a sad ending to a sad story.”

5 Likes

Seriously? He can’t even successfully cook roadkill.

5 Likes

I’d like to think that would be disqualifying, but… Trump can’t successfully cook his organization’s books, and I’d hate to see what he’d do with food, let alone roadkill. Well-done steak with ketchup…

4 Likes

Ol’ Joe, Sr. is probably spinning, and spinning’s better than burning!

Not sure where Bobby, Sr. is.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, in one of the “swing” states…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Old news since RFK dropped out of the race, but still interesting:

Short version: a falconry license is difficult to obtain under NY law, but maintaining it is mostly a matter of paying a renewal fee and complying with a mandatory annual reporting requirement about any birds you have and any hunting done.

Kennedy might have other problems above and beyond the reporting requirement. Under New York law, falconry licenses can be issued only to a “resident of this state,” and they expire after five years. It’s not clear whether a renewed license, like a new one, can only be “issued” to a resident.

The upshot is that if Kennedy didn’t or couldn’t get a previous New York license renewed, then any falconing he did in New York recently was illegal. And if he did no falconing at all there—as I strongly suspect—he was misleading the court by citing this to support the New York residence claim.

Well, this Freedom of Information Law request should settle things:
[…]
If Kennedy does drop out of the race on Friday, of course, this matter will lose some of the great national significance it once had. But that doesn’t mean I’m letting it drop.

(emphasis added)
Nothing like a lawyer with a sense of humor and a little too much time on their hands.

5 Likes

Vance, Donald Trump’s 2024 running mate, went on to slam American Federation of Teachers boss Randi Weingarten, insisting: “[S]he doesn’t have a single child. If she wants to brainwash and destroy the minds of children, she should have some of her own and leave ours the hell alone."

He really is obsessed with fecundity.

5 Likes

Yep and it’s weird. There are lots of reasons folks might not have kids, including that they just don’t wanna. But, I know I cannot be the only one who didn’t have kids specifically because it was the only sure way to stop a multi generational cycle of abuse. Hurt people hurt people, right? So given how I am so much like my father, I wanted to be 100% certain that I did not visit that upon another human being, not ever, not for any reason.

Three our of the four children my father helped raise are childless by choice. It made my mother sad, but she said that making her a grandmother is no reason to have kids. I’m glad my youngest sister had kids because she really was a good mother, and good grandmother. And our father was a far better grandfather than father, so they only have good memories of him. I hope the cycle is fully broken on our branch of the family tree.

Every time Vance opens his hateful yap about women having children, I want to scream. He thinks being a miserable asshole who treats children however they please ('cuz he thinks children are the property of the parent, shudder) is better than being childless by choice? That’s fucked up.

7 Likes

… it’s not just Vance blaming everything bad on childless cat people

3 Likes

Some people’s views on how to be a person are distressingly narrow.

6 Likes

I’m with the Isleys on that:

5 Likes

Glad I didn’t have kids, who would have had to live in a world ruined by fascists, oligarchs, international corporations, Faux news, republicans, MAGA assholes, Trump, etc., etc., etc.

4 Likes
2 Likes

This is the most despicable political stunt I have ever seen.

5 Likes

Well, if it makes you feel better…Happy Cake Day to You!!!

4 Likes

Another vile attempt to take down Harris:

The KGB could have learned a lot from the trump MAGotts.

5 Likes