Elections 2023-2024

Meh… she has put out some rather creepy videos in the past about her crossfit regimen and showing off her body building. Definitely not my cup of tea, but for me it’s more the whole package… her lack of decorum (which caused the outburst) and absolutely insane rants about jewish space lasers and the like do not improve things with the creepy vibes.

4 Likes

To me, she comes off as one of the older synonyms for being butch in appearance: Mannish. I mean, I swear she has a more prominent Adam’s apple than most cis-women I’ve seen. She seems to me to be one of those women who act mannish to get into the patriarchal “old boys’ club”.

But this ^ is all derived from the traditional and very-limited view of what is feminine and what is masculine. And being human beings who, for the most part, get their first impressions from whatever’s in front of them via sight; unfortunately the archetypes? stereotypes? of human appearance have been ground in.

2 Likes

Well, she was talked about as a possible VP pick this year…tho I think 2028 we’ll hear it more in relation to another possible candidacy…

There’s a solid bit of alliteration in her speech from last night, as well.

Will a vindictive vile villain violate voters vision for a better America or not?

3 Likes

Verily, vanquish the vexing villain!

3 Likes

… won’t Harris and Walz be running for reelection in 2028 :confused:

3 Likes

yep, i 'spect yer correct.

No!

2 Likes

Sounds like someone might have a Vendetta.

4 Likes

DNC Night 2 was pretty good as well. The “roll-call” was very silly and over the top, but in my opinion a good way to add energy to an otherwise dry process. I like how each state had its own song, and many of the delegations were able to give their presentation some personality.

The roll-call begins at approximately 1:22:24

Also some pretty great speeches:

3 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

What will Ann Coulter say about that!?

3 Likes

Who cares?

6 Likes

Full title: " Judge Rejects RFK Jr.’s Claim to Be New York Resident, Despite Valid State Falconry License"
About a week old, but goes into a lot of detail of the case. Some of it worthy of the “Um…what?” thread. About the falconry:

Yes, it appears that Kennedy has maintained his New York falconry license, and he cited that as evidence supporting his residence claim. Granted, he testified that though his dogs, turtles, and emu moved with him to California in 2014, the “falcons and hawks” he owned at the time did not. (The opinion doesn’t say what happened to them, but let’s assume they and/or other falcons and/or hawks remain(ed) in New York.) Kennedy conceded that he has, or had, a California falconry license as well, but testified that it has expired. The opinion doesn’t cite any evidence that Kennedy has actually done any falconing in New York recently, but there seems to have been no dispute that his New York falconry license is currently valid.

5 Likes

He seems like the kind of guy who has at least considered sitting down to a roast falcon.

5 Likes

After first letting it sit on the blacktop for a bit.

5 Likes

… so, other than Biden and Harris, who were the best orators at the convention?

I was mostly listening on the radio, so I wasn’t always clear who was speaking at any given time

3 Likes

I’ve shared my favorites above (here and here). I need to go back and review nights 3 and 4. I’ll try to put links up later like I did before.

Walz was good on night 3 for sure, but there were definitely others. I didn’t get to see Warren last night, so I’ll need to go back and watch her. Gretchen Whitmer was another standout from night 4, as well as Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly.

3 Likes