Elections 2023-2024

Verily, vanquish the vexing villain!

3 Likes

… won’t Harris and Walz be running for reelection in 2028 :confused:

3 Likes

yep, i 'spect yer correct.

No!

2 Likes

Sounds like someone might have a Vendetta.

4 Likes

DNC Night 2 was pretty good as well. The “roll-call” was very silly and over the top, but in my opinion a good way to add energy to an otherwise dry process. I like how each state had its own song, and many of the delegations were able to give their presentation some personality.

The roll-call begins at approximately 1:22:24

Also some pretty great speeches:

3 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

What will Ann Coulter say about that!?

3 Likes

Who cares?

6 Likes

Full title: " Judge Rejects RFK Jr.’s Claim to Be New York Resident, Despite Valid State Falconry License"
About a week old, but goes into a lot of detail of the case. Some of it worthy of the “Um…what?” thread. About the falconry:

Yes, it appears that Kennedy has maintained his New York falconry license, and he cited that as evidence supporting his residence claim. Granted, he testified that though his dogs, turtles, and emu moved with him to California in 2014, the “falcons and hawks” he owned at the time did not. (The opinion doesn’t say what happened to them, but let’s assume they and/or other falcons and/or hawks remain(ed) in New York.) Kennedy conceded that he has, or had, a California falconry license as well, but testified that it has expired. The opinion doesn’t cite any evidence that Kennedy has actually done any falconing in New York recently, but there seems to have been no dispute that his New York falconry license is currently valid.

5 Likes

He seems like the kind of guy who has at least considered sitting down to a roast falcon.

5 Likes

After first letting it sit on the blacktop for a bit.

5 Likes

… so, other than Biden and Harris, who were the best orators at the convention?

I was mostly listening on the radio, so I wasn’t always clear who was speaking at any given time

3 Likes

I’ve shared my favorites above (here and here). I need to go back and review nights 3 and 4. I’ll try to put links up later like I did before.

Walz was good on night 3 for sure, but there were definitely others. I didn’t get to see Warren last night, so I’ll need to go back and watch her. Gretchen Whitmer was another standout from night 4, as well as Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly.

3 Likes

Um, yeah…there’s some rather odd (?) contradictions under the Dem umbrella…

and if she takes a bit of food from someone & quickly eats it, she’s the nom-nom-Nom?

3 Likes

If she’s meditating while eating, it’s the om-nom-nom-nom.

5 Likes

I would absolutely love to see any kind of cite for what Lindell was telling that 12-year-old. But as soon as he said “I’m not going to tell you her last name” when talking about someone who allegedly went from third place to first in a general election, he lost whatever small scraps of credibility he might have found under that mustache hair.

5 Likes

Speaking in Phoenix on Friday, Kennedy said in an “honest system” he believed he would win the election and railed against the media and the Democratic Party for perceived slights against his campaign.

“In my heart, I no longer believe that I have a realistic path of electoral victory in the face of this relentless, systematic censorship and media control,” he said.

In remarks in Nevada Friday, Trump thanked “Bobby” for the endorsement and called him “a great guy.”

Kennedy’s campaign has upset many members of his family. Five of his siblings wrote in a statement Friday that, “Our brother Bobby’s decision to endorse Trump today is a betrayal of the values that our father and our family hold dear. It is a sad ending to a sad story.”

5 Likes