Elections 2023-2024

A brief search for “Taylor Swift holding a baked potato” did not yield any seemingly legitimate results, although it did include this AI generated image:

It’s…something.

Anyone expressing a problem with the attention that Ms. Swift is receiving in relation to the NFL is arguing in bad faith, doesn’t understand how publicity works, or both.

2 Likes

I could have filed this as one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Here we go. We are nearing the Comet Ping Pong phase.

4 Likes

So Nikki Haley reportedly has lost a primary to “None of these candidates”.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/07/nevada-republican-primary-nbc-news-projects.html

Comments are amusing:

BTW,a similar thing happened in New Hampshire Democratic primary.

New Hampshire has a law that state that they HAS TO be the first state to hold a primary in the nation(Iowa is a caucus so it doesn’t count). But the DNC decided that they want South Carolina to go first,but neither the New Hampshire government(controlled by the Republican) or the New Hampshire Democratic Party want to change their calendar.So the DNC just declared that the New Hampshire primary has no effect on the delegate allocation,and therefore Joe Biden doesn’t appear on their ballot.

But he could still get write in vote and since he is pretty much the only relevant candidate,he still won that primary,which is why the media hasn’t touch on this case so much.

Wait, so Joe Biden won a Primary where he wasn’t even on the ballot, and Nikki Haley lost a Primary where she was the only candidate on the ballot?

Yep…we lived in strange time

10 Likes
6 Likes

The only way this dude could get further from his illustrious forebears is if he went full MAGA.

5 Likes

My favorite part:

The original included a catchy jingle with lines which were repeated in the recent Super Bowl ad: “Do you want a man for president who’s seasoned through and through? A man who’s old enough to know and young enough to do?”

Robert F Kennedy Jr is 70 years old - nearly three decades older than his uncle was in 1960. Yet he is younger than 77-year-old Donald Trump and 81-year-old Joe Biden, and voters have said they are concerned about the two candidates’ ages.

5 Likes

As Senator Lloyd Bentsen said:

“Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

That statement alone should disqualify her.

5 Likes

Yep. Once she’s out, she’ll fucking circle the wagon around trump with the rest of the fascists. She can get fucked.

4 Likes

Mr Bukele - who calls himself the world’s coolest dictator - was re-elected for a second term this month.

The 42-year-old has found a fan base among some American conservatives, who are impressed by his harsh criminal justice policies, while others like him for his stance on cryptocurrency, after he allowed bitcoin to be used as legal tender.

Mr Bukele told the conference that the next US president have the will and courage to do “whatever it takes” to overcome the “dark forces” that he said were trying to control the US.

He said many of the US’s big cities were “in decline” and had become “places where crime and drugs have become the daily norm.”

He urged the enthusiastic audience: “Put up a fight because in the end it will be worth it. You will have your country back.”

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

This was not an insignificant number of voters (over 100,000). Let’s hope he takes their protest seriuosly and pushes for a ceasefire.

3 Likes

In a statement and interview with NBC News, Kramer expressed no remorse for creating the deepfake, in which an imitation of the president’s voice discouraged participation in New Hampshire’s Democratic presidential primary. The call launched several law enforcement investigations and provoked outcry from election officials and watchdogs.

Kramer said he came up with the idea for the hoax entirely on his own and that it had nothing to do with his client, Biden’s long-shot primary challenger, Rep. Dean Phillips, D-Minn. Phillips had paid Kramer over $250,000 around the time the robocall went out in January, according to his campaign finance reports.

Phillips and his campaign have denounced the robocall, saying they had no knowledge of Kramer’s involvement and would have immediately terminated him if they had known.

3 Likes