Elections 2023-2024

The comments are a doozy. The author is clearly sympathetic to the right, and takes a lot of their claims at face value, but most of the comments attack him for being a leftist or … various insults. Which helps make his case that the right will eat their own.

5 Likes

One side might “win,” but the country as a whole will lose BIG. As will the world, as dictators and fascists in other countries, as well as national and international corporations take advantage of the chaos in what’s left of the U.S.

3 Likes

Youtube comments are notoriously bad, and a political video like that is one where I wouldn’t think of delving into the comments. Good observation though!

1 Like

Having not been alive and/or unaware of the power of the Kennedys in the 1960s, I didn’t get the boomer "Where were you when JFK (or RFK or MJK…waitaminit…they all have K for the first initial of their surnames - gotta mean somethin’!). Not even when I read about that era later in life. JFK could’ve withdrawn US troops from Vietnam…but he wanted to wait till 1964, when he was re-elected (according to the chapter on Vietnam in “The March of Folly” by Barbara Tuchman).

I still think his Grandpa Joe would be so very proud of him.

1 Like
3 Likes
5 Likes

2020 United States presidential election Wyoming results: 26.55% Joe Biden. 2024 voter purges: 28%. Coincidence? Perhaps

6 Likes

House Speaker Jon Burns acknowledged at a January press conference that he had a limited understanding of the issue, but nonetheless said he believed the transition would be “easy.”

The relevant section of the bill bans the use of “a QR code, bar code, or similar coding” to count ballots. All counting, it says, must be done using human-readable text, even though no voting system currently exists that meets that requirement as written.

7 Likes
5 Likes

On Wednesday afternoon, hours after this article was published, Mr. Kennedy posted a comment on his X profile. “I offer to eat 5 more brain worms and still beat President Trump and President Biden in a debate,” the post read. “I feel confident in the result even with a six-worm handicap.”

Good to know our best and brightest are running.

4 Likes
3 Likes

6 Likes

unnamed

4 Likes

3 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

The most common goal of actors misusing generative AI was to shape or influence public opinion, the analysis, conducted with the search group’s research and development unit Jigsaw, found. That accounted for 27 percent of uses, feeding into fears over how deepfakes might influence elections globally this year.

In May, OpenAI released research revealing operations linked to Russia, China, Iran, and Israel had been using its tools to create and spread disinformation.

4 Likes