Elections 2023-2024

Jokes on them. To properly imitate our politicians, you don’t need deepfakes, you need shallow fakes.

5 Likes

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article289490676.html

NC ballot access denied for West, RFK Jr. parties. But the decision may not be final.

The North Carolina State Board of Elections’ Democratic majority denied certification to three political parties on Wednesday, all of which sought to place independent presidential candidates on the ballot in November.

Members cited specific concerns about each party’s petition process, though most dealt with issues surrounding the petitioners’ obligation to communicate the purpose and intent of their party to voters.

With Justice For All, board members cited the NBC reporting involving a Republican activist saying the party would help Trump win.

With We The People, board members took issue with wording in the scripts petition-gatherers used, one of which referred to Kennedy as an “independent.”

Members also noted a letter from the Elias Group, a major law firm with ties to Democratic politicians, which sent affidavits from 26 voters who said they wished to remove their signatures from the We The People party’s petition.

As for the Constitution Party, board members took issue with the fact that petition sheets showed an outdated address for the party’s chair, Al Pisano. He said he’d attempted to get clarification on that issue from the board for nearly three years but never got an answer back.

2 Likes

I love the bland guy. Seriously, is his name Gary…? Um, Starner? I do remember he sat next to Fatboy Slim in violin class, is that it? I know he’s white, not Mike Pence white, but…Conan O’Brien white, maybe (I was once compared to the latter by a black lady I worked with; she didn’t mean skin tone, but general demeanor).

I could’ve looked these things up, but I wanted to put across the actual lack of any meaningful impression he made upon me.

Addendum: Um, well, Gary and Keir are only similar in that they are both four letters long, “r” being the one they have in common. And I was only off by one letter for his surname!

Meanwhile…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Experience Joe of yore.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s like a choice between Mussolini and Young Mr. Grace.

1 Like

They’re going to re-instate Napoleon III.

2 Likes

I mean, I don’t really want to murder all the humans for real, but my nihilism is at an all time high today, fucking SCOTUS.

5 Likes
8 Likes

rdveluvs

3 Likes

Can Biden use the court ruling to pre-emptively pardon anyone involved in the prosecution and trial of any former president? Or future former president.

3 Likes

When will they decide on Past vs. Future?

3 Likes

Past of course, but they have Alternative Pasts.

3 Likes

You know what the Kennedy curse is? It’s being attention-seeking, fucked-up human beings who don’t want to admit the extent of the fucked-upedness, which no doubt goes all the way back to Ireland. I’ve read in one book entitled, “The Kennedy Curse”, and its author came to the conclusion that it was because one cousin killed a blood-related cousin. I’m pretty sure it was the one by Edward Klein, not James Patterson.

In many families, all one has to do is one or more of the following to achieve any level of a curse from one branch to another: Forget to acknowledge a birthday wish and/or present; forgetting to wish someone a happy birthday or give them a present; not returning a relative’s casserole dish/pie plate/punch bowl, et al., no matter how long ago it was borrowed; and, not saying “Hello” to any relative at any family gathering, no matter whether you’ve met them or not. There’s more, of course, but not enough space here to list.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Now brainworm guy wants skeletons to vote for him too.

“I had a very, very rambunctious youth. I said in my announcement speech that I have … so many skeletons in my closet, that if they could all vote, I could run for king of the world,” Kennedy said.
https://www.9news.com.au/world/robert-f-kennedy-denies-sexual-assault-dog-eating-claims/9a217a0e-0b75-4668-be16-e7d493acade3

4 Likes

When asked specifically about this allegation and the others in question on the Breaking Points podcast, Mr Kennedy said, “I am not a church boy.”

3 Likes

A network of Russia-based websites masquerading as local American newspapers is pumping out fake stories as part of an AI-powered operation that is increasingly targeting the US election, a BBC investigation can reveal.

A former Florida police officer who relocated to Moscow is one of the key figures behind it.

4 Likes