Eye Candy; Male Objectification

I guess because it popped up and reminded him of its existence.

4 Likes

giphy

11 Likes

I lurve him. Heā€™s such a good actor! Such a range! He was soooooo good in Judge Dredd! Not a lot of guys could pull off an entire movie with half their face covered! Him and Tom Hardy, and thats it.

Speaking of Hardyā€¦

8 Likes

OMG, he was great in Peaky Blinders, too. He played the head of a British Jewish gangā€¦ This scene cracked me upā€¦ he has a gun in his face, and he calls the guy holding the gun in his face SWEETIE!!! I donā€™t know if that was in the script, but I kind of hope it was an ad lib movement.

peaky-blinders-alfie-listen-sweetie

13 Likes

I have not yet watched Peaky Blinders! Its on my list for a rainy day!

Hardy is going to play Venom! And I think thats brilliant casting!!

8 Likes

Itā€™s a great show. I think there is another season in the works or has already aired on the BBC, so it should be on our side of the pond at some point (though maybe youā€™ll get it sooner, being Canadian and all?).

Does a great job being all the gang stuff within the larger historical context of the early interwar period in Britain - deals with PTSD, fears over communism, the conflicts in Ireland after the Easter Uprising, etc.

6 Likes

My 2nd job in the entertainment industry was on Encino Man. I donā€™t know if his personality has changed in the quarter century since, but back then Brendan Fraser was a hell of a gentleman, too. Friendly, humble, funny, generous.

10 Likes

That right there would be excellent casting. His good looks have Loki-style mischief written all over them. Guys with those looks always seem to get away with murder. Hate 'em!

(My late brother Craig was one of those scamps.)

6 Likes

I donā€™t think objectifying men here in revenge for the objectification of women elsewhere helps anything.

Revenge?

10 Likes

Thatā€™s not whatā€™s happening in this thread. Itā€™s not about revenge, itā€™s about making a point about objectification.

14 Likes

Yes, revenge, because apparently the only reason anyone would admire an attractive man is because of revenge. Otherwise, those of us who arenā€™t heterosexual men would just tend to our knitting and our housecats :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Revenge???

Is this a Jackie Collins novel and someone forgot to tell me?

Dudeā€¦ you are so far off base with that comment, that I honestly want to know what shit youā€™re smoking, so I can avoid it at all costs.

To begin with, the very conceit that this thread was posted as some petty form of one-upmanship or with nefarious intent is INSULTING AS FUCK.

Next is the dubious-ass timing: again, this didnā€™t seem to be any sort of problem back in June, when it was originally posted.

And lastly, itā€™s awfully fucking interesting that you didnā€™t bother to respond to meā€¦ yā€™know, the actual author of the post; and instead chose to reply to a guy who was backing me up.

FFS, for all the rallying we do against being a carbon copy of the other place, this sure seems like shades of both Jason and Jeff.

10 Likes

Really? Because making a point about objectification seems to actually be just objectification.

Hahah revenge? No.
Spite maybe. But not even that really.

Its not even a real ā€œobjectificationā€ thread, more it turned into a male actor/celebrity appreciation thread.
Half the time when we post someone here, its accompanied by a gushing about their talent, their compassion, their sense of humour. Not just their appearance. Hell most of them are wearing clothes even!

Donā€™t like the thread, stay out I guess?

16 Likes

Or unilaterally close the damn thing just because you can, I guess.

9 Likes

Except, as @MissyPants, weā€™re also commenting on the men as human beings with talent too.

None the less, none of it was done out of a sense of ā€œrevengeā€ but to make a point about objectification itself and to celebrate men we find attractive for a number of reasons (not just physical).

13 Likes

First, slow your roll and cool your jets .You donā€™t need to get nasty with me. If you have a point, calmly explain it.

Second, I did respond to you with my initial comment objecting to this thread. Then @LearnedCoward countered me, and I responded. Then @mindysan33 responded to me, and I replied to that. Thereā€™s nothing ā€œnefariousā€ here. Just me saying I donā€™t appreciate the thread or the idea that just because thereā€™s objectification of one group somewhere else on the Internet that anyone should feel that itā€™s a good thing to objectify others in response. That seems a lot like revenge to me, though clearly the target of that revenge isnā€™t one person but a class strawmen.

I wasnā€™t here in July. That doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t say that what I see happening is objectionable.

BTW I hit the wrong button - I didnā€™t intend to hide this topic, only to flag it. I donā€™t mod.

Then why not bring it up in the community mod threads?
Bringing up here just seems like youā€™re spoiling for a fight?

8 Likes

8 Likes