Found Randomly on the 'Net

3 Likes

7 Likes

Iā€™ve got an ACME catalog somewhere. Itā€™s hilarious.

UPDATE: I found it. Yeah, Iā€™m thatā€¦driven? obsessive? when it comes to finding the actual thing of which I speak. I guess so I can prove not just that it exists, whatever it may be, but that I have one, lol?

7 Likes

That is gold.

4 Likes

At the end, thereā€™s a very scratchy recording of him revealing his secrets to writing a short story.

3 Likes

AskforChocolate

4 Likes

https://www.hotcars.com/heres-what-happened-to-the-muppets-studebaker/

4 Likes

6 Likes

Found randomly on the internet:

8 Likes

Fred Wardā€™s son, Django, is playing the upright bass. This is absolutely charming.

2 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

I disagree with a lot of that.

4 Likes

What specifically? Iā€™m curious!

3 Likes

The bands I listened to seem well placed, but there are a lot of bands on there I didnā€™t listen to enough to make any sort of determination.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, I am not an expert on 90s bands but here are a few observations:

• Nine Inch Nails is surely more angry than sad/horny.
  • Conversely, Smashing Pumpkins is located closer to Happy and Angry. But they are truly one of the saddest bands that ever existed. Sadder even than Despondent Todd and Self-Loathing Four. The Smashing Pumpkins should be ideally located somewhere between Sad and Self-Absorbed.
  • Cake has been located towards Angry. I canā€™t think of anything Cake did that was angry.
  • Garbage is located towards being very Sad. I generally find them to be ironically happy ā€” a 90s kind of happy. Even their song ā€œIā€™m Only Happy When It Rainsā€ was intended to be an amusing parody.
  • And then thereā€™s Green Day. Are they really band? Thatā€™s like calling Chicken McNuggets ā€œfood.ā€
1 Like

Hmmā€¦ Not sure I agreeā€¦ so many of his songs (especially from the first few albums - up through the downward spiral) certainly have a harder edge, but they are almost uniformly about love and heartbreak, justā€¦ with loud synthy-noises and in discussions about violence and bondage. Think about Down in It, Closer, or Hurt, all pretty sad themes, Iā€™d sayā€¦ I guess there are songs like Head like a Whole or March of the Pigs - angry, for sure, but also a bit sad in itā€™s inevitable bowing to the realities of the system that an individual canā€™t really change? But heā€™s constantly focused on love and lossā€¦ For me, the aggressiveness of the music always hid a deeper pathos that Reznor was trying to conveyā€¦

Wait is that a band, or just a band you made up! :rofl: But I think I agree with you about SP! But honestly, given how much of a dick whatā€™s his name turned out toā€¦ meh.

I was never a huge fan of Cake, but from the three songs I know by them, (The Distance, Rock and Roll Lifestyle, and Short Skirt/Long Jacket) seems like songs that are again, deceptive in their sound vs. contentā€¦ I think there is some anger at play, despite the groovy nature of the music.

I guess, but what about other songs like Stupid Girlā€¦ I would characterize that song as more angry about how women are treatedā€¦ So, Iā€™d have them more on the angry side, really.

3 Likes

Made up, but if they existed I would probably listen to them.

ā€œSadder even than Despondent Todd and Self-Loathing Four.ā€ was meant to be read in the voice of Blackadder.

I bet theyā€™d be excellent! So mopey, much wow!

3 Likes