Found Randomly on the 'Net

10 Likes

Yeah, and it’s a little weird. I can kind of see Happy and Sad being a continuum on one axis, but treating Angry and Horny as opposites is weird, especially for 90s music.

2 Likes

For me, it’s WAY too ‘non-POC.’

No Wu Tang, no SWV, no Cypress Hill, no Monica, no Tupac, no D’Angelo, no Biggie, no Shai, no Outkast, no Erykah Badu, etc…

I listened to some of the singers and groups in that meme, but the 90’s was obviously so much more than that, musically…

9 Likes

Good point!

5 Likes

And I don’t see how the midpoint of happy, sad, angry and horny is sarcasm. And what makes REM sarcastic?

2 Likes

Might be best to start a new music topic.

:slight_smile:

Black SIS Barbie; found randomly:

6 Likes

That is also weird… I’ve always considered them to be much more on the deeply sincere side… Maybe Shiny Happy People is the exception…

4 Likes

f730e3bd9391b6d8fa2e7bdc67b0e430

7 Likes

Not just a sightseeing boat, but the one run by the Chicago Architectural Foundation, which gives legit, educated tours on architecture all over the city and some suburbs (like Oak Park, where Frank Lloyd Wright lived and worked).

This wasn’t a quick hose-down and pile more tourists on kind of boat.

And yes, every time they go under that bridge now, they tell the story.

8 Likes

That actually sounds like a very interesting tour.

8 Likes

I’ve been on a bunch of them, with out-of-town guests and just with local friends. They’re just so much more value-added because they come at it from the POV that people want to learn history, architecture, etc., not just take selfies.

They do a couple of different ones that involve riding the El, which means you get a close-up of the facades of the buildings above street level. @ClutchLinkey says she’s been on that one, in fact!

And the boat one, again, you’re seeing things from a different vantage point.

There are some bus tours as well, for neighborhoods that can’t be easily covered by walking.

But their mainstay is the walking tours of various parts of downtown, especially the Loop.

10 Likes

Thanks for the link. Tours like that are definitely something I’m going to consider the next time I’m in Chicago.

8 Likes

Ewww! I didn’t mind the rain, but if I do that tour, I might finally break down and get a proper umbrella! Just in case.

8 Likes

6 Likes

It’s catering to men’s fantasies. So the opposite of woke.

7 Likes

They did have the space

2 Likes

7 Likes

Hey, it’s a possible future of the BBS at the other place!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I didn’t realize they were only available for a year. I consider myself lucky to have had them.

6 Likes