Found Randomly on the 'Net

It took me a few

7 Likes

Ishkur’s Guide to Electronic Music v2.5

I came across this site ages back, it’s an interactive guide to the different genres of electronic music from it’s inception through to the early 00’s, showing how they evolve and link together both across genres and through time.

2 Likes
9 Likes

All I can say is, “wow.” It doesn’t get more 70s than that.

Perhaps George Lucas saw this and thought, “Luke… Leia… yeah. They could be brother and sister!”

8 Likes

The Handpan Drum

The handpan drum is sort of a UFO-shaped steel drum that’s new since 2007, and generally expensive because (for some reason) it can’t be manufactured.

I want to hang out in an exotic space cafe with neon green drinks served in surreal cocktail glasses, and a live music act just like this:

But if you’d prefer to hear one played by a consummate professional:

6 Likes

10 Likes

“There was no border science in the Third Reich that was more widely or uncritically embraced than World Ice Theory. Both astrology and biodynamic agriculture were closely associated with Austro-German occult doctrines such as ariosophy and anthroposophy. But they still derived from occult traditions that carried with them potentially “Jewish” or “oriental” elements that needed to be filtered out or refashioned before being appropriated by the Third Reich. World Ice Theory, on the other hand, was authentically “German,” providing an alternative system of understanding the physical and metaphysical world that helped buttress Nazi views on race and space, science and religion.”

2 Likes

I saw this Donny and Marie show live before Star Wars, combining my two favorite things: science fiction and Mormons.

4 Likes

i want one of those space drums so badly. : (

5 Likes

Me too. Last I looked, the one she’s using in the first video is like $300 on Amazon.

1 Like
8 Likes

This teen stalker stole Queen Victoria’s panties and lived in Buckingham Palace chimneys for a year

https://timeline.com/queen-victoria-boy-jones-stalker-88c12011bc64

[quote]One of the earliest celebrity stalkers in recorded history lived in the walls of Buckingham Palace by day and stole Queen Victoria’s panties by night.

Around 5 a.m. the morning of December 14, 1838, a night porter glimpsed a a face in his window. It appeared to be smudged with soot, and belonged to a grinning, impish young man. Suddenly the face disappeared. After a brief search, the porter discovered one of the palace’s rooms had been ransacked. He sounded the alarm and a chase ensued.

A constable spotted the young man running across the lawn. He captured the intruder and brought him back to the kitchen, where the light was better. Not only was the boy’s face covered in grease, his clothes were slick with the substance. He wore two pairs of pants. When police stripped the outer layer off, several pairs of ladies’ undergarments fell out.[/quote]

9 Likes

@MissyPants sighting?

17 Likes

Pupper wishes you to mind their personal space, kthanksbye.

8 Likes

Not even sure how I ran across these, but I really like these comics.

4 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes

Could be a not feminism thing but I like this just as a smile

2 Likes

Beware, America

6 Likes

7 Likes