Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

10 Likes

I donā€™t know about supposed to, but that would make sense. Have you tried any other stretching since?

Just make sure whatever stretches you do are symmetrical.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s scary! I hope sheā€™s okay. Let us know when you hear something.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve tried them a few times, to similar effect. It appears that theyā€™re exacerbating the issue at the moment. (Dammit!)

I have a doctorā€™s appt later today (though itā€™s one of the dodgier ones). So weā€™ll see.

5 Likes

Ow. I hate it when that happens. Take care.

4 Likes

Thank you!
There are many posts Iā€™m not making today, because I donā€™t want my pain to be writing them.

6 Likes

Hoping for friendly winds. Is the area evacuated?

5 Likes

Yes. One thing I can say about my career is I am always willing to try something new. Thatā€™s how I ended up as a designer in the first place.

Yes. A few years ago I foolishly left NY to live a quieter life in a large, Mid-Western city with a reputation for having plentiful design jobs. The reality is much digferent. For the past couple of years Iā€™ve been trying to return. Thatā€™s why it costs so much to go on interviews.

Absoluuely.
Go to make a move to town thatā€™s right for me.

10 Likes

Sounds like you are doing the right things and keeping an open mind. I hope you connect with a good gig soon.

5 Likes

I feel too stupid to live.

I searched around for my phone, which had been missing, for a month. I thought maybe itā€™d been stolen, as I did put it in my glove compartment at one point, and when I entered my car after groceries shopping at the supermarket I could smell stale cigarette smoke (none of us smokes). So two days ago we bought a new phone for me.

Last night I went a little nutty wondering where my fountain pen was. Itā€™s not my fave pen, nor most expensive, nor superlative anything. I have ten pens. So I offer today a reward to people to help find my phone. My kid runs to the car at my trifle suggestion, feels around, and findsā€¦ the original phone. The spouse and I are sputtering, because weā€™ve each felt THREE TIMES EACH a week in the obvious places (under the seat, glove compartments) at least inside the car for the fershlugginer phone.

Iā€™ve felt four times for the fountain pen in my purse, which has three zip up compartments, and about three pencils and a ball-point. Iā€™m OCD about writing implements, okay? And my spouse goes into my purse and pulls out the fountain pen.

ā€œI felt around four times for that!ā€
ā€œDid you look, though?ā€
ā€œNo!ā€
ā€œWell, I did.ā€

I still feel too stupid to live. Whatā€™s it like to not feel like a useless, misunderstood, visually impaired idiot?

19 Likes

Life is often about out-living the rough patches.

11 Likes

yeah. Though she left before the evacuation order (when all there was to complain about was distant smoke), so her cat Chloe is whereabouts unknown. Weā€™re hoping that the neighbor took her to a shelter.

12 Likes

Get.

More.

Sleep.

Thatā€™s generally what those moments mean.

11 Likes

Oh man. Thatā€™s stressful. I hope everything is ok. Mom, house, cat.

12 Likes

Now you have a spare phone, so when something actually does happen to the other one (or even if it gets lost again), you have a spare to switch to with nary a glitch. You just gained preparedness and flexibility ahead of need, thatā€™s all.

Did I mention that I once found a lost Palm Pilot in the bottom of a suit carrier hung behind the bedroom door years after ā€˜losingā€™ it?

(Alternate lesson: Your kidā€™s searching abilities are worth the finderā€™s fees :slightly_smiling_face:)

14 Likes

alternate lesson: install Find my iPhone now.

8 Likes

I had one, but not intentionally. I lost my phone while at the gym on a Friday, and reported it stolen. Then, Monday morning, I heard my phone alarm ring. The phone had fallen into some sooper seekrit pocket of my gym bag that I didnā€™t know existed. By that time, I had reported the phone stolen and the replacement was on its way.

8 Likes

I used Googleā€™s Find My Phone for my Android. It didnā€™t work and maybe the battery being dead had something to do with that. I didnā€™t miss the robocall scammers, but I noticed some calls from senior citizen relatives and I felt dismay over that.

6 Likes

Check Google Maps. It tracks your physical location with you phone

5 Likes

I am the other side of this - in our house I am known as the Finder of Things. I donā€™t know how I do it but if Mrs S loses something I will invariably find it for her.

11 Likes