Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

This is my first Mother’s Day without my mom. I didn’t feel like seeing my only brother. I’m down to less than $20 in the bank.

FUCK TODAY!

24 Likes

Managed to need to have my wife take me to the ER for eight hours today. All for something fairly painful they couldn’t really do anything about.
Sigh.

And so it goes.

21 Likes

While it was expected, my sister passed away on Saturday. Fuck cancer.

22 Likes

Sorry.

9 Likes

So very sorry.

Double fuck cancer.

11 Likes

Fuck it indeed.

11 Likes

Dude. I’m so sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your loved ones from an internet stranger.

10 Likes

I know this is a long time after the event but can I suggest that this is one where local knowledge is paramount? Over 20 years ago I had 3 root canals done, titanium implants and all the gubbins*. It was mainly boring and not at all painful, even when my dentist showed me that he appeared to be using a minute version of an oil well drilling tool.
It turns out he was a root canal genius, whereas some dentists never get good at it. So: do the research.

*Did you know gubbins is named after a real person? He started an organisation in WW2 which inspired the start of the CIA, and one of his assistants inspired the character of Q in the James Bond books.

11 Likes

I’d just like to note that I have put my back out - again - and am having to find ways of doing ordinary things like tying shoelaces and getting into the car that don’t cause instant agony. And my wife is as usual totally unsympathetic. And then I read this thread and feel embarrassed to have such tiny things wrong with me when so many others have it so much worse.

14 Likes

‘Fuck today’ is for people who are gathered together and want to assert that today should indeed get fucked (and not in the warm, fun, enjoyable sense).

It’s not any kind of contest, and I’m sorry to hear about your back. Back pain sucks.

15 Likes

as it turned out, my dentist decided that i didn’t need the two root canals (yet). so we’re just watching the spots and we’ll deal with it later. works for me!

12 Likes

I have to go to a PTA meeting tonight with a bunch of really fake southern bitches. To be fair, I’m also a southern bitch, but it’s my utmost hope I’m not fake. I would rather eat a bug than go do this.

20 Likes

I am so, so sorry. Hope you and your family are… well, I wish you comfort and I hope you’re all doing as well as you can.

8 Likes

You can’t be self-aware and be a true bitch.

9 Likes

Chris Cornell, of Soundgarden and Audioslave, is reportedly dead. Aged 52. Confirmed by three legit sources but that’s all I know right now.

3 Likes

Can’t like :weary:

9 Likes

The last thing I saw online before I went to bed last night, because I was up way too late and just had to look at Twitter one more time. Damn it :sob:

3 Likes

Chris Cornell committed suicide. Soundgarden (with a few others) was the soundtrack to my early 20s. I’m sad that he is dead, sorry for the pain his family is going through, sorry for the pain he went through.

I’m also kind of scared, though, because I’ve had periodic suicidal ideations since… well since I was a kid. I’m currently in the upswing from a dark place into the sunshine, but it’ll come back around. And, when it does, I won’t be able to listen to his music, out of fear of dark and irrational thoughts.

15 Likes

you can always, ALWAYS call this number, and someone who cares will listen:

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

15 Likes

Right now, I’m really fucked off about Chris Cornell’s death by suicide. I know all about depression, drug dependency, suicidal ideation etc - been on anti-depressants most of my adult life, still am, had years of therapy, blah blah - and I still can’t help thinking ‘why? Why did he do it? Why cause so much pain to his loved ones, friends, fans?’

And, like @CleverEmi, I too am scared. If a beautiful, talented man with apparently everything to live for can’t make it through, what hope have I, or pretty much anyone struggling with these issues, got? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in any way suicidal. Just thinking, as these things tend to be cyclical.

12 Likes