Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Well, today sucks, courtesy of Roberts, Thomas, and the Supremes.

14 Likes

So giving people inaccurate medical information is OK.

Hey did you know that my Blop powder cures cancer? Only $10,000 a pinch! Oh, you need a pinch every day for the rest of your (now much longer) life.

:rage:

10 Likes

Exactly. Well, not exactly. See, anything you do is perfectly acceptable, but only if you are a GOP Republican. Shit, you could shoot someone on 5th avenue and no one would care.

On the other hand, if you are not a GOP MAGA Republican, really nothing you do is acceptable. Itā€™s wrong, and you are wrong, because you are not a GOP MAGA Fascist Republican.

Why do you hate America?

13 Likes

If things get tight and you need a place to stay for a bit, thereā€™s a spare bedroom in TJ.

You gotta bring something to sleep on, though. No furniture.

7 Likes

He just has to move south.

No, not just a little south, thatā€™s not nearly south enough. Skip that country entirely and keep on goingā€¦

8 Likes

Isnā€™t moving to mcmurdo a bit extreme?

6 Likes

As long as itā€™s women.

7 Likes

Silly kxkvi, everyone knows womenz arenā€™t people /s
(/s for sarcasm)

5 Likes

The credit union had a choiceā€¦pay the utility bills, for which there were funds available, or pay the Amazon Prime renewal, for which there were insufficient funds. Guess which one they chose.

Friends, if you value your sanity in times of low financial stress, make sure you download a library of music and ebooks you can access without an internet connection. It makes all the difference.

Anyone know where I can find classic Microsoft Solitaire and other games that are supported independently of an internet connection?

ETA: Project Gutenberg is a wonderful download resource. I just picked up Dracula, Pride and Prejudice, and The Thirty-Nine Steps.

14 Likes

ā€¦ the abandonware sites have a good collection of classic games, including the elusive Hoyleā€™s.

4 Likes

And more fuckery happened today:

and even more fuckery on the horizon.

I fear we are irretrievably fucked, not that Kennedy has been helpful recently, but still. Fuck.

15 Likes

This is too much. How many more setbacks to democracy till thereā€™s no going back?

6 Likes

Emotionally, I feel like we are already there. It is already too late for this to end well. Itā€™s going to be deadly, bloody, violent and take a long time, if democracy ever comes back to the US at all.

I want to have hope, but I just goddamn donā€™t. It would be nice to be proven wrong about that, of course.

8 Likes

Probably end with the country split up, after a horrible civil war that makes the first one look like a picnic.

6 Likes

I live in jesusland, and I keep wondering how long until I have to abandon everything and flee to where my folks live in California. I really donā€™t want to give up a home that is paid for, and the solitude of living in the boonies, but neither do I want to end up in a concentration camp. If they start rounding up people not born in the US, thatā€™s me. Iā€™m a US citizen, but I fear that will only matter for so long before it doesnā€™t anymore. Iā€™m scared. And that reminds me, I need to renew my passport before shit really hits the fan.

14 Likes

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, butā€¦

https://www.google.ca/search?q=american+citizens+detained+by+ice

It looks like it hasnā€™t mattered for a while, going back all the way through the Obama years, and possibly as far back as GWB.

9 Likes

you and me both.

I just hope Iā€™m in progressive part.

Iā€™ll be right behind you.

8 Likes

Iā€™m a recent transplant to the progressive part. I grew up various places in the Midwest, and most of my family lives in Georgia. This doesnā€™t feel like home at all, but this is the best place for me right now.

9 Likes

Thanks for that! Games downloaded, and I am now prepared for future internet blackouts.

4 Likes

Hang in there. We all have to stand together against the darkness.

8 Likes