Genderbender: Sexual Identity and Gender Identity

Can confirm. I probably learned more emotional skills in Drama class than from anyone who was supposed to teach me about how to actually deal with them. The rest of it that I learned was self-taught through necessity.

12 Likes
8 Likes

I have to force this into Reader View:

https://www.transadvocate.com/trump-set-to-abolish-intersex-people_n_25043.htm

4 Likes

Sadly true.

14 Likes

Ouch,but yeah.

Rather pointed point made with the demographics of the characters within the comic too.

9 Likes
6 Likes

I assume PC stands for something else.

8 Likes

“Progressive Conservative”

6 Likes

Contrast to:

10 Likes

An increasingly inaccurate name left over from the days when the conservatives in Canada actually were a right-of-center party. The federal party dropped the “progressive” part of the title some years ago, when they amalgamated with the far-right “Reform” Party and were basically absorbed. The provincial party in Ontario is hanging on to the name, fooling no one. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them drop it as they lurch even farther right.

(@MarjaE, you may already know this. The explanation is for @kxkvi.)

8 Likes

I dunno. John Tory struck me as an actual Progressive Conservative. You know, not as good as an actual Progressive candidate, but sane.

But yeah, he’d be the exception, not the rule.

6 Likes

Thanks, @MarjaE and @teknocholer.

4 Likes
7 Likes

It’s always projection with the right wing. The “hormones” being used to keep everyone childlike throughout their lives? It’s the social and legal controls used to keep women in a state of dependence and their children under a regime of censorship. The trope of horrifying old religious perverts is both old and poignant for a reason. They’re the ones who think they can get away with it.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Under his plea deal, Dickey agreed to pay $100,000 in restitution at his sentencing and another $120,000 in monthly installments over the next 20 years. He was also sentenced to five years’ probation.

Where is a border agent supposed to come up with $120,000 a month for 20 years? He’ll declare bankruptcy the first month. How is this going to help?

I think 5 years in prison would be a better deterrent. Plus indicting the company that makes the stupid gender reveal explosives (if they’re marketed that way). What a stupid fad that is.

7 Likes

Dumb: Let’s throw a party for the purpose of describing the developing sex organ of a fetus to all our friends, but using a fun color coding system! (And let’s call it “gender reveal” because we don’t know what “gender” means and because “genital reveal” makes it sound creepy and weird…)

Dumber: That, but using explosives!

12 Likes

I read it as “$120,000 to be paid by the end of 20 years, with payments received monthly”. So without interest, that’s $500 a month – basically a small mortgage.

Having said that, the prison time also seems like a better idea to me. So tired of people using explosives and guns for fun (I’ll reluctantly make an exception for fireworks, but even then), and then they’re shocked when it turns out you have to use safety precautions around them.

8 Likes

That makes a lot more sense. But of course totally inadequate.

But the feeling of power from explosives and bullets covers so many feelings of inadequacy!

ETA: Whatsamatter with texting “It’s a boy!! We’re so happy!!” ?

5 Likes

12 Likes