Genderbender: Sexual Identity and Gender Identity

3 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

I guess texas thinks patient/doctor privacy doesn’t apply to them.

1 Like

5 Likes
6 Likes

“These decisions should not be made by the government,” DeWine said

Would that all republicans would actually adhere to this policy.

8 Likes

That would be quite the turnaround from “the government should enforce my views onto everyone else”.

5 Likes

And create a list of trans people.

And ban lgbtq organizations.

7 Likes
4 Likes

9 Likes
1 Like

Parental rights! Get government out of our personal business!

Oh, wait . . .

3 Likes
8 Likes

Some of this realized this as soon as they started pushing these BS bathroom bans and trans kids in sports bans… but we have solid confirmation of their goal now, and people should be aware…

8 Likes

This moves it from something we know to something the courts can take into account when deciding whether laws are motivated by animus.

6 Likes

Absolutely… of course, we also know at least some judges are functioning from a place of ensuring this kind of laws are supported rather than struck down as unconstitutional (which they patently are).

5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

I just saw that. Ridiculous. They can’t prosecute people for fraud, though, who’ve already changed their licenses per the old policy. People are required to have notice when laws or policies change. That may not stop Florida from trying to prosecute people, but there’s no way a conviction would hold up. You can’t tell people they can do something for almost two years, and then without notice, say, “Psych! No you can’t, so you’re now breaking the law!” That’s not how that works.

10 Likes