Get your game on!

My god, I am a terrible human being.

The next time I met someone we both started talking to each other as we looted the same building and could hear each other rustling around.

“Can you hear me?”
“Yeh.”
“No one has to die here. We can both be on our way and everything will be cool…”
“Okay, let’s go outside and put our guns away.”
“Deal.”

We met outside and we both had guns (mine still wasn’t loaded). We laughed about the stalemate and he said he knew a base we could raid which would be easier with two people, so we teamed up.

We raided the base and ran away on foot, laughing. Both of us got a shit ton of gear out of it and it was a job well done. I said I was going to log off and suggested a barbecue. He said “yeh, just come up over this hill and we will cook some meat…”

I followed him, not realising that he was heading straight into a new raid. We both died almost immediately and it took us both 45 minutes to get back to our corpses to reclaim our gear.

His gear was there, mine was not (early access). We fought our way out and while he had all of his shit, I had a wooden spear and a half loaded AK74 to show for my four hours of gameplay.

We ran up a nearby hill and finally started cooking some food. I apologised for being about to murder him, while aiming down my gunsights at his face.

“Why are you sorry?”
“[Chickening out]…ah, I just mean that I’m sorry we ended up camped out on a hillside, eating human flesh instead of doing a proper raid.”
“Ah, no worries. I think I might go to sleep now.”

At that point, I saw red and shot him twice in the chin.

He laughed as he died and said that he fully understood. We are now locked into the same server and he will be coming for me as soon as we are both logged on again. It’s on, but now I have all of the tactical gear, a shit ton of guns and more ammunition than I know what to do with.

I spent the next 20 seconds looting everything that he had and then I spent another 20 seconds pooing on his corpse. No one else could see me shitting on him but when he inevitably shoots me in the head from half a mile away as I try to run, that will be the thing that keeps me from getting dispirited.

What is wrong with me? :thinking:

9 Likes

My god. I’m glad I don’t have time for games like this.

9 Likes

It’s like reading about EVE Online. I can’t ever see myself actually playing it but reading about it is so damn fascinating.

7 Likes

I finally got round to making that barbecue:

Anyone fancy some longpig? There’s plenty going spare…

3 Likes

Yeah, we already know where taking you up on THAT offer would probably lead.

:wink:

7 Likes

I did sit on a rooftop about 400m away with a sniper rifle watching the BBQ pit for a while, to be fair. :thinking:

I may have also pissed on the meat.

6 Likes

This game sounds…intriguing? That may not be the right word, but I’ll go with it for now.

5 Likes

This looks promising (and more my speed):

7 Likes

Needs a Canadian variant where one task is to poop on every pathway.

6 Likes

Goat Simulator was fun for a while

3 Likes

Last Scum post, I promise:

Pooping off the dam may actually be the most terrifying thing I have done in a videogame.

Apart from the fear of taking one step too many and falling to permadeath, the pooping animation takes a while, my rifle is on the floor next to me and there is no cover for half a kilometre in either direction.

Totally worth it.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t have it any other way.

7 Likes

You’ll be pleased to know that eating a diet of only raw fruit and staying hydrated speeds the process up considerably.

Unfortunately, I mostly eat dead people and drink absinthe or vodka. I was there for what felt like hours…

8 Likes

I haven’t actually gone looking, but the few screenshots I’ve seen online don’t seem to indicate one way or another: is pants-droppin’ part of the animation? Or does one simply crap one’s pants?

3 Likes

I’d hope there’s some trade off for eating a diet of raw fruit in exchange for lightning fast poops…

7 Likes

Sadly, you squat and strain but there are no bare bums; what comes out seems to come out through the fabric of your trousers.

Still, it’s early access and given how (understandably) popular the pooping is, I imagine they’ll improve the animation at some point.

That said, I’m a bit worried that the incredible detail of the nutritional model will mean that eventually, my character will end up with piles and only be able to hobble around miserably rather than run. Time to find some proper fibre…

6 Likes

Fanatical has a $1 war bundle deal now that is 14 of Hexwar’s games ported from IOS to PC - U.S. Civil War and WW II. I decided to give it a try and it looks like a nice diversion for $1. Multiple campaigns per game with multiple scenarios per campaign. Each scenario being simple, small, and quick playing. Feels like a traditional wargame, but playable in 30 minutes or less. The graphics and UI are modern, sound is reasonably decent. Mechanics are pretty classic with terrain effects chart, strength points, and a few combat factors, IGOUGO turns, with some units being able to fire after moving (at a penalty) while others can’t.

Despite the titles, they’re not really historical, the only way history plays into it seems to be in the graphics and some flavor text, otherwise they’re pretty generic and not all that different. While they don’t appear great in any way, it’s hard to find small fast-playing casual wargames, and the price point is good.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-war-bundle

3 Likes

Over at the humblebundle store Tekken7 deluxe edition is at 16.86 USD, so guess who started playing Tekken?

I’ve had this on my steam whishlist for a while now, I’m enjoying because it’s pretty technical and there’s a lot of strategy involved which makes the gameplay deep enough tha I’ll probably be playing a while until I’m good.

Interestingly enough you can get the regular version of Tekken at a discount as well but it costs 19.99, go figure.

3 Likes

So I’ve had GTA V on PS4 for a couple of months now, and for the life of me I just cannot get into it.

It’s objectively a very well made, beautiful game. The characters are well voiced, the world is gorgeously realised, the driving is far more fun than in GTA IV, but I can’t play for more than an hour before getting bored.

It could be that the missions are just blergh - I have a great time just driving around as fast as I can.

Maybe I’m getting a little old for GTA…I loved playing San Andreas back in the PS2 era, so it’s been nice coming back to it in HD, but yeah…

Or maybe the radio stations just suck this time around :smile:

7 Likes

Yeah I’m less than enamoured by it as well. Funny thing is had a load of fun with saints row 4 which is objectively the runt in comparison.

2 Likes