Gilead Watch

So Kabul today is kind of like Washington, DC a year ago.

4 Likes

And so much for “we’re going to let women in on the government” - that didn’t take long to forget.

4 Likes

Gov. Abbott: Abortion bill won’t force rape victims to have babies, Texas will ‘eliminate’ rapists

Of course! That’s the solution! We just need to prosecute all the rapists, and there will never be any rape! Why hasn’t anyone ever thought of this before? Surely this bold plan will put everyone’s mind at ease about the new abortion bill!

7 Likes

In case you need to be able to cite numbers.

4 Likes

This could’ve gone on other threads, but I figured the title of the piece set it here. And all the evil is interrelated, so…

1 Like
1 Like

No surprise here; all run by men.

5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

So not surprised.

3 Likes
5 Likes

The opening sentence:

I try to avoid news about Susan Collins and abortion in the same way I avoid using oven cleaner in an enclosed space; both are corrosive and leave me, at best, dizzy with an unpleasant itching sensation on my arms and neck.

7 Likes

Susan Collins in general gives me that same effect, only spiritually.

3 Likes

FTFthem.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I couldn’t find a better thread for this

What in the actual fuck

6 Likes

I remember when those kind of folks set up at the MI State Fair in the 1970s, they had pictures, right out on their tables, of fetuses in bottles for everyone, including kids, to see.

I was grossed out, more out of “why are they doing this?” than “omg people killed this baby”. Adults made pretty much no sense to me when they did shit like that, which they also did at the branch of the Detroit Public Library my family frequented. Again, all I could think of was why were they putting these pictures on display?

2 Likes

Thinking about it now, I probably didn’t want to know; and my mom, having had five miscarriages, probably wouldn’t have wanted to talk about it.

1 Like