Gun Control

… did a gun write this?

8 Likes

In my office, it would have been a contagion, not a gun.

5 Likes

Open offices are germ factories for sure.
But I wonder why we, as Canadians, have never felt threatened by guy violence in our open work spaces? Its a mystery!

7 Likes

Yeah, reading the article, I kept thinking, “why the hell are you even having to worry about getting shot at work?” Unless you are a soldier, a cop (and even then), or work at a gun range, it just shouldn’t be a thing.

7 Likes

Hahah I love my typo “guy violence” instead of “gun violence” - imma let it stand. same same. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Open Office Spaces

My point is that we’re not at threat from guns in open workspace any more than we’re at threat from guns in closed workspaces, because we’re not at threat from guns. Its the guns that are the issue, not cubicles.

10 Likes

Not to mention, last I checked, bullets went easily through standard glass and through interior walls – especially the flimsy, easy-to-move walls most office walls are made from.

The more I think about it, the more I’m wondering how out of touch the journalist and editors involved in this piece are. Too much abstraction these days.

6 Likes

I was responding to the claim that open work spaces have “tremendous accessibility.”

1 Like

Okay, but this thread is about “gun control”.

7 Likes

So the text “Inside the open space, there is “tremendous accessibility,” an expert told ABC News.” there is off-topic?

Accessibility in this case is referring to the shooter’s ability to see and shoot as many people as possible because of the open vantage point.

11 Likes

I thought it was talking about security - that once you get past the outermost controlled access point, there weren’t any further obstacles to gaining access to any other part of the office.

7 Likes

I think we’re saying similar things!

6 Likes

I received a request to fork a topic on open office spaces in general - is there a group interested in that? I’ll fork @MarjaE’s comment and start the thread with that if so. I felt like her comment was related to the article but if people want to talk about open office spaces then I agree that would need a separate thread.

5 Likes

I think a thread about the problems (are there any real advantages?) with open office spaces is a great idea.

6 Likes

What a shit-spewing pinhead.

16 Likes

I enjoyed this take on her plight.

“This is the intolerant left in action…it all comes from the same place: A desperate desire to make it more difficult for me to get rich by publicly being an asshole to children.”

14 Likes

just now seeing this…

WTF?!?!?

I remember that. I wish it was the last mass shooting, but MURICA!!!

6 Likes

Simply lovely.

2 Likes