Gun Control

That is the county my grandparents lived in. Grandpa always said the County Mounties were idiots. They weren’t negligent homicide level idiots while Gramps was still alive, though.

I can’t even with this. First, you don’t leave toddlers in cars by themselves. Second, you don’t bring loaded guns into cars containing toddlers. Third, OMG, that poor mom who loses her young child due to the criminal negligence of the father. If they’re married, I hope she swiftly divorces him and moves out of state.

13 Likes

Fortunately, the article says the child has recovered, so the injury was minor.

From the article:

“Green said he placed his duty belt and weapon on the top shelf in his closet and placed a second handgun in the center console of his pick-up truck before his children arrived home.” (Emphasis mine.)

Children. Plural. Presumably older than the three-year old. How old does a child have to be before the top shelf of a closet no longer represents absolute security? Six or seven?

So now he has two guns stashed in two different locations, when his school-aged children are expected home, while he is somewhere else where he can exercise no oversight.

Mom better get moving on that divorce.

7 Likes

Thank the sweet FSM that the little one will survive. Seriously, though, shame on Sauk County for electing a paranoid coward to sheriff. No one needs that many handguns that poorly secured unless they are scared of their own damned shadow.

And to answer your question about closet shelves…7, is the latest age by which using chairs/ladders or simply climbing up the door jamb is to be expected.

7 Likes

Fuck.

9 Likes

If only we could talk about gun control…but it’s too soon /s

And this happened in Texas so every adult in that school could have been packing. And yet…

14 Likes

Just read the story on the BBC. Supposedly some fool wearing a MAGA hat and carrying a pistol was trying to get to the high school to “Make America Great Again”

11 Likes

Explosives too? Double fuck.

13 Likes

What, again? (not_that_shocked.gif)

Let’s arm those kids . . . with smiles! :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Surely that must have been the Trump hisself springing to action!

8 Likes

He wouldn’t hesitate, you know. He said so, and we all know what his word counts for.

10 Likes

11 Likes

I’m old enough to remember atomic bomb drills. Which are probably going to come back in the near future. But that’s what happens when you do everything in your power to bring a country back to mid-20th-century (white) norms. You don’t just get the clothing or the extreme race/gender hierarchy…you also get the possibility of complete annihilation.

14 Likes

plus don’t forget the Koch (rhymes with rock) brothers and other rich fucks are trying to get a Constitutional convention to change the document that “patriots” love so much. issue is the changes they want will pretty much spell the end of the country.

9 Likes

Remember climb under a table cover your head all will be fine.

Now we are all lying sons of bitches.

8 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes
17 Likes

I’ve been to Billings. This is accurate.

Now had they choose say - Yaak, MT -the answer is always to overthrow anyone who disagrees with them.

8 Likes

I know it’s the Onion, but it isn’t wrong.

Coincidentally, Billings is just up the road from Marionville, where the white supremacists asshole who shot up the Jewish community center in Kansas City, used to be mayor live.

It’s a real different culture that civilized modernity might not recognize, up close.

Edit: Also, a 20 gun stockpile? LOL. In some places, 20 is a starter kit, an afternoon’s entertainment, living room decorations. A stockpile is a whole different thing.

14 Likes

The mayor of Marionville didn’t shoot up the community center, but he was just associated with the guy who did.

3 Likes

Well, I thought I read that he had been mayor previously, not that he was the mayor at the time. I stand corrected.

3 Likes