Gun Control

The screams of children are redacted throughout the video, but multiple bursts of shots fired by the killer are clearly audible.

The first officers arrived in the hallway only three minutes after the assailant had entered the building, but even as several more gather in the building’s corridor, none attempt to enter the classroom in which the gunman had barricaded himself with students.

Armed officers are also seen approaching the classroom where the shooting took place, but then retreat when gunfire is heard.

I’ve seen various reports now saying that the doors weren’t even locked (or even couldn’t be locked from the inside) and even if they were, the police had tools to breach right from the beginning.

I guess time will tell when the full story is put together. But current indications are that the police just decided to call it a ‘barricaded’ situation even if there was no lock or barricade, to pull back and wait for reinforcements (someone else to go in first). They never even tried.

Kinda feel like they should stop reporting it as ‘barricaded’ until that’s known. Or at least give a qualifier like ‘was suspected to be barricaded’.

5 Likes

At this point, if a Uvalde city employee told me the sky was blue, I’d look out the window expecting to see rain.

And yet they are all still employed.

3 Likes

Manitoba Conservative MP Raquel Dancho condemned the move, saying it was “disrespecting an important part of Canada’s cultural heritage”, and “will do nothing to stop the flow of illegal handguns” from the US.

“Instead of addressing the true source of gun crime in Canada, the Liberal government is unilaterally banning imports without parliamentary input, impacting a multi-billion dollar industry and thousands of retailers and small businesses, with very little notice,” she said in a statement.

3 Likes
1 Like

Could someone please add #nomoreoxford to the tags?

This school board prez is an asshole; did he lose a loved one in the shooting? NO. What a cuck.

In the article in the local shopping ad/news rag, the perp is listed as being 55, not 53.

WIN_20220810_15_38_39_Pro

“Investigators reportedly found a round from an M20 grenade launcher among a cache of weapons that included pistols, shotguns, and AR-15-style rifles with high-capacity magazines. A rifle equipped with green laser sight was also reportedly found, as well as Nazi memorabilia and what may’ve been a German Luger Pistol, the press release stated.”

1 Like
4 Likes

And he will have to go before him to defend his clients for a lot longer than that!

2 Likes

Never mind: now that I’ve RTFA, I see he’s probably a drinking buddy, protecting his friend from getting in trouble.

3 Likes

I hate how this is still relevant; I hate how a lot of things from 1968 are still relevant.

4 Likes

“He had a loaded firearm that was not in a holster in his waistband that fell," Turnbull said. "He attempted to grab the firearm, and while handling the firearm, discharged it, and struck him in the leg.”

However, it didn’t end there.

“The bullet ricocheted, and subsequently struck three other patrons that were inside the business," Turnbull said.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

How can we help folks to stop feeling so enraged with themselves and the world so that they don’t take it out with guns or bombs or whatever on themselves and the world? Maybe it’s not possible with everyone, but I know that we who aren’t afflicted in that way should at least try to help.

1 Like

But after they got an alert from their Ring doorbell camera, the father and his son left their home armed with .45 caliber firearms searching for a person they suspected to be a burglar, the sheriff’s office said.

Nearly 100 yards away, they found a woman looking at her phone in a dark vehicle with dark windows and the engine running, and they targeted her, Judd said.

“When she looks up and she sees Gino standing at the back of the vehicle with a gun pointed at her, screaming for her to get out of the car, she thinks: ‘He’s about to carjack me. He’s about to rob me,'” Judd said.

The woman threw her car into reverse in an attempt to back out of the way and crashed into a car behind her in the frantic escape.

Colonacosta and his son started shooting into the car as the woman sped away.

They shot seven times. The woman, who was not hit, alerted the sheriff’s office.

The investigation found that one of the bullets went through a baby’s car seat and lodged in the driver’s seat.

2 Likes
4 Likes

They might have to get tougher at controlling their southern border if they want to stop guns from coming in.

Maybe a wall… make Trump pay for it.

1 Like