Gun Control

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

My college admission essay was about gun control. Growing up in Alabama, by the time I was applying for college, I personally knew 3 people who’d been accidentally shot.

One was on school grounds - he accidentally shot his best friend (showing off a gun he’d brought to an after school football practice), then the coach placed the gun back in the car and the distraught teen turned it on himself. It wouldn’t have counted as a school shooting, since it was at an after school event.

Reflecting on that, I am so upset to see the Washington Post’s article showing that over 300,000 children have been directly affected by gun violence at schools this year.

I wish we had the courage to change this old pattern.

4 Likes

Another shooter with mental health issues who’s been busted for guns before…

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder how much of this is related to their apparent inability to follow their own rules for guns in properly checked luggage…

(Probably mostly just due to idiots, but still…)

2 Likes

According to a person I know on FB, responsible gun owners won’t attempt to do anything to try and show they care and change things because they’d be “crucified” (her words). Jesus didn’t wanna be crucified, but he went ahead anyhow. What gets me is that they’re too concerned about keeping their own weaponry to show any compassion for the dead and their families.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes