Happy 4th of July

Looking at the state of things today, I think Canada won in the long run.

3 Likes

Maybe, but part of that is the worry that we will lose in the longer run still.

4 Likes

If Canada and Russia got together (unlikely I know) they would control access to the Arctic. Now that would be a strategy and a half.

2 Likes

This totally accurate documentary pretty well sums up what we were taught in elementary school. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: Found a correctly-attributed version.

2 Likes

What is it with Gibson and hating the English?

3 Likes

“Liberty” was a buzzword in England long before the American Revolution, and the rebels thought of themselves as upholding that English principle.

6 Likes

Hmm. Things would have been very different if all the Northern states were Canada instead of the US. It would have been a win all around, except for all the deep-red states that currently leech off the Federal government.

6 Likes

People aren’t allowed to hate Jews any more, so they hate the English instead.

Our fault, in the 19th century we decided that we were the Chosen People, because the Almighty was so obviously English. Heck, he even spoke [slightly old-fashioned] English in the Bible.

3 Likes

I don’t know. Whose image better says “world leader”?

11 Likes
1 Like

Carlos II’s genetic lineage was the equivalent of three consecutive sibling marriages.

I have no clue what Cheeto Benito’s excuse is.

5 Likes

Madison was as bad as Trump?

1 Like

#guiltysecret

So does tea.
(Well, white tea, anyway)

5 Likes

Burn the heretic!

5 Likes

No life before coffee.

1 Like

Also remember it being about the great lakes, especially Niagara Falls; aka - whoever controls the water controls the continent.

Also, can I just say, I love the Feninan raids, they make me giggle so much. And as always Kate Beaton tells it best.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=364

11 Likes

“What if we told you we’re Irish Canadians?”

“And what are you doing in Canada then?”

“Staying far away from England!”

“Well done! So can we hold you hostage then, for the mother country, for Ireland?”

“No.”

“…”

5 Likes

In the name of better cross-border relations:

9 Likes

thank you for using a photo with the first only Ray

5 Likes

Ha.

This Is for Sure Ontario Though should be a national anthem. I mean, a provincial one?

3 Likes