Holy Hell, You Guys

8 Likes

So, like a lot of actual Greek tragedies then. Agamemnon, Oedipus, Achilles (more of a psychopath though) spring to mind at once.

5 Likes

And a fair amount of Shakespeare as well, MacBeth coming to my mind.

8 Likes

You’re assuming that one can find the schlongs in that game. They very likely match the hand sizes of their owners…

5 Likes

Yes, you’re making a number of small points there.

6 Likes

Very much so! I noticed several parallels in a reread of Act III, Scene IV.

3 Likes

This is a good rant. I’ll definitely count myself among those generally unclear on how the U.S. president affects politics in that area.

Wednesday just had me super down. I spent the better part of last year helping a young, talented trans friend navigate her way back from sex work and pending homelessness to a good paying job; the thought of as many as 15000 trans vets facing a similar uncertain future broke my heart, that what exists of our community simply does not have the resources to do anything for them. Of trans people I know who have stable jobs and a life situation putting us in a position to serve those needs, there aren’t enough of us to help the currently troubled people, not to mention all those additional.

All this going through my head, while finding out how many liberals online described this direct threat to my friends and acquaintances as mere “distraction.” Every day this week I just wanted to skip work in the afternoon to drink the rest of the day away.

Fortunately it seems Trump’s incompetence has saved us even here, for the time being, but bullies gonna bully, so he’ll keep poking and prodding to see who he can get away with hurting. I guess so far that’s immigrants, for all American left’s talk we have managed to do hardly anything to save them, really.

10 Likes

This is just too Mooch.

Too rude? Not rude enough?

11 Likes

8 Likes

Caught trying to fellate himself.

8 Likes

He did his job nobly, which was to distract from the testimony in the House. Now his usefulness is at an end. Blessed is he who lays down his wife (sorry cheap dig) job for a business associate. His reward is in dollars.

I worry that the next one goes like this:
“Donald, Putin has announced a press conference live on RT in one hour in which he’s going to reveal all your business dealings in Russia.”
“Clear and present danger! Someone go and shoot Hillary Clinton. Make sure you have plenty of TV cameras! Pardon guaranteed! (aside) If he survives.”

7 Likes

Or he just didn’t learn how to quickly enough…

[Edit] Or, there’s this explanation:

14 Likes

That was a great 15 minutes of fame.

This is what I’ve been thinking:

7 Likes

Hot take from the former President of Mexico:

17 Likes

One thing Trump is doing well: raising the profile of the President of Mexico.

10 Likes

He’s a “Little Skirmisher.”

8 Likes

It’s been ten days? That should have felt longer.

6 Likes

He’s a clown.

2 Likes

Can he do the fandango?

3 Likes

Apparently not

3 Likes