Holy Hell, You Guys

Ouch.

And in Priebus news:

8 Likes

The fandango has begun.

10 Likes

Oh, it was plenty scandalous… okay, obviously not “plenty scandalous” enough since it should have been a complete career-killer. But I just mean I would have expected hookers-n-blow in the Lincoln Bedroom, a revolving door of exploitable young interns… I dunno, I expected a touch more administrative competence, and a whole fuckton more Gomorrah.

I guess at his age he just wants to get his picture on the money now.

8 Likes

ugh. and now there’s this. i don’t know exactly why it’s so over the top for me, except perhaps this person is supposed to be president in a democratic society.

when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon — you just see them thrown in, rough — I said, please don’t be too nice…

because for years and years they’ve been made to protect the criminal. Totally made to protect the criminal, not the officers. If you do something wrong, you’re in more jeopardy than they are. These laws are stacked against you.

any chance that this presidency could be over soon please?

10 Likes
5 Likes

I find this unsurprising, because everything he does is, basically, chest thumping.

To have a really successful sexual relationship you need to be able to expose yourself and your vulnerabilities as well as your strengths. Can you imagine Trump doing that?

8 Likes

You’re right, but I imagine that his definition of a successful sexual relationship is markedly different. And it would assuredly squick me out.

10 Likes

And to think, I was worried for a few months there… :laughing:

Honestly, it’s crossed the line from “HOLYSHITWHATTHEFUCK?” to “Holy shit, National Lampoon’s White House is the most entertaining thing I have ever seen!”

Yeh, there’s some damage being done but sweet Jesus, it’s glorious to be proven right. It’s like a Greek tragedy but everyone’s “heroic” flaw is that they’re half-witted and so arrogant that it’s entirely beyond satire. :joy:

7 Likes

25 Likes

Shouldn’t half those people be paddling in different directions?

13 Likes

He has a long history of claiming laws protect criminals more than victims.

8 Likes

Game Of Schmoes

10 Likes

Wish I could just enjoy the circus but it all cuts a little too close to home unfortunately

7 Likes

I feel perfectly comfortable that Mooch’s fall will be just as fast and spectacular as his rise has been.

7 Likes

What happens in US politics cuts pretty close to home to the other 7 billion of us too, believe me. I’m on the other side of the planet entirely and I have been genuinely terrified since election day.

The relief I am starting to feel now that it is becoming obvious exactly how corrupt and incompetent Trump and all his cronies are is not an abstract thing. From my perspective on the opposite side of the Pacific, I’m not sure that it was ever really apparent to US voters (present company excluded, of course) exactly how much harm Trump could have caused.

I live in Singapore. In the space of three months we have gone from watching jets flying overhead every night, watching navy vessels on exercises whenever we are at the beach, from hearing call-up orders on the radio to… Nothing.

Duterte might still stand with his fascist friend but literally every other government in the region has realised that Trump is an incompetent troll. The more this comedy of errors plays out, the less his position as Leader of the Free World carries any weight.

So while I sympathise that he is fucking the USA, at least none of us are part of the projected twenty million dead that seemed quite realistic just a couple of months ago. But then, that 20 million were all going to be in Asia, and always counted as acceptable losses compared to the far more important game of Who Gets to Control the Senate? :roll_eyes:

So yeh. I’m going to drink a beer, donate some more money to the ACLU, and count my lucky stars that what little credibility he had left is rapidly disappearing.

Sorry that your country is going to suck for a while. If it’s any consolation, I’m British and my country is going to suck for a while, too.

ETA: Mrs. Cynical has pointed out that I’m potentially being unfair and slightly ranty. She may have a point… :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I think to him, sex is all about dominance - who grabs whose pussy, who penetrates whom, who wins.

7 Likes

Saunders is great!

2 Likes

What an idiot.

4 Likes

Game of schlongs?

I think since all this started we’ve all got a bit unfair and slightly ranty. Is it surprising?

2 Likes