Injustice Systems

What a difficult moral question. I’m not up to the challenge.

I accidentally clicked link a couple times so link counter may be off.

4 Likes

As I looked at the thread, #ExposeChristianSchools, and was pretty much appalled, I happened click on this thread.

I could NOT believe ANY human could treat their children this way!!! How can people be so monstrous?

10 Likes
9 Likes
13 Likes

When I was in high school, there was this clique of mall punks I talked to in school but didn’t know enough to hang out with otherwise. They would hang out in one corner of the local mall’s food court every weekend, sipping at cold drinks just enough not to get kicked out for loitering.

I found out from a third party the mall security was convinced they were a gang, because apparently dyeing your hair with Kool Aid is a gang thing :roll_eyes:.

It’s so, so stupid.

12 Likes
7 Likes

Cause Jesus!!!

4 Likes

Yah, Jabeezuz taught us to beat the shit out of our kids.

4 Likes

I thought this story was going to be about way more annoying privileged gentrifiers than it was. I’m glad they have at least a little bit of compassion. I just wish they handled it in a way that didn’t involve police resources, for multiple reasons.

7 Likes

They’re putting up a new “resource center” in the sportsball neighborhood but I think there’s some kind of dueling philanthropy going on between a couple of the landowners.

3 Likes

It’s putting the spirit in them!! Getting the devils out!!

DON’T QUESTION THE BIBLE AND JEBUS!!!

6 Likes

The punk panic was real…

6 Likes

That reminds me: I always wonder what happened to a girlfriend of a school friend of mine. Her parents sent her to a psychiatrist when she started dressing punk. Part Satanic Panic, part assumption she was Getting Into Death.

The one bit my friend told me about is when the psychiatrist asked her the significance of her wearing black and she said she liked it, to which he replied, “yes, but what is the significance of it?” I wouldn’t even know how to deal with that now except to say it’s aesthetic, not symbolic.

10 Likes

Thread.

8 Likes

When my daughter was diagnosed with ADHD there was a meeting at her school with the principal, counselor, and teachers. According to my wife, one of the teachers just kept on insisting that she would be fine and wouldn’t need medication if she would just stop wearing black. :face_with_head_bandage:

12 Likes

giphy

May your daughter NEVER stop wearing black!

12 Likes

Sounds like they should have had a separate meeting about the teacher.

I had a kid who dressed as a vampire every day (black plus CAPE), and he turned out to be quite lovely.

12 Likes

As her parent, I would show up to every single meeting and any other event at the school in all-black, in solidarity with my daughter! ESPECIALLY any parent-teacher conferences.

(Which I’m sure you’re already doing.)

10 Likes
11 Likes
6 Likes